Thread: Waterman Exclusive model

Thanks

Default Waterman Exclusive model

I am looking at a Waterman exclusive fountain pen from the 80s. Can anyone tell me whether they were a good pen and also some idea of the value of a pen of this type in good condition today
    “When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

Default Re: Waterman Exclusive model

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I am looking at a Waterman exclusive fountain pen from the 80s. Can anyone tell me whether they were a good pen and also some idea of the value of a pen of this type in good condition today
    The model didn't really ring a bell with me, so I did a quick Google. It looks very similar to other models of that era (the Lauriat in particular), and the 80's saw a lot of slim pens (like the Sheaffer Targa). This one looks similar and they are in general good pens and the Waterman nibs are nice from that time. If you are giving serious consideration to the pen, keep in mind it is on the slim side, so if you have big hands, it may not be a good 'fit', even if it writes well.

May I make a suggestion, though? You are throwing out a lot of questions about pens, especially "I am looking at". It would be helpful for us, in giving feedback that makes sense, if we could have more information. The easiest way is a link to the sale or auction of the item in question, and barring that, you'll need to be able to give a verbal description of condition and other aspects of the sale, *especially* the price.

Links are great. Just throwing out the name of a pen and asking if it is "good" give an awful lot of leeway for... steering someone wrong.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Laurie (May 12th, 2015)