Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Ink No. 8

Thanks

Default Re: Mystery Ink No. 8

*raises hand* ME ME ME ME ME! PLEEEEASE! I had so much fun last time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elaineb For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 8th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    It is hard to believe, but the time has arrived for another round of Mystery Ink, this one MI8.

I usually like a theme to enliven the MI threads, but I'm not feeling it right now, which means we're going bare bones for MI8. I'll think of this as taking MI on a camping trip, and just bringing the necessities: one Mystery Ink, which is ready and waiting, and approximately six volunteers to try it.

All that is required of our MI8 volunteers will be a willingness to try MI8 and post their impressions here. The idea is to have fun by trying an ink without any preconceptions, or even a clue as to what it might be. I will say that this one is going to be a springy ink, because it's spring where I live, finally.

If you’d like to volunteer, please post here and let us know why you’d like to get MI8.

And if it’s not in your profile, please tell us where you live (just the state or country). That helps us pick a diverse slate of participants and figure out mailing times.

People who've done it before are welcome again, as are people who are new to the exercise. Everyone is welcome in Mystery Ink.

If we have more than six who want to volunteer, participants will be chosen randomly.

We count on you to help us keep the identity of the ink secret. Because inks arrive at different locations at different times, ink will not be revealed until everyone has received his or her ink and had a chance to try it. So we ask people not to write guesses about the ink’s name directly in the thread. If you'd like to, you can PM me with a guess. If I receive a correct guess, I promise to shower you with plaudits and cover you with glory, and you will hereinafter be entitled to all the rights, privileges and benefits of MI Guesser Extraordinaire. If your guess is incorrect, that's actually fine, too. Those are often every bit as nice as the actual ink.

I've got no theme, but I'll share with you our beautiful day. Magnolia petals dropped off last week, but the viburnum are blooming and perfuming the air. The early daffodils are long gone but some of the later ones are especially gorgeous.

Want!

Because...because....it's. Just. So. Coooool. And the lack of theme just adds to the mystery.

I promise a chroma! And maybe multiple papers.

Y'all know where I live. Right inside this little device.

PS: Beautiful daffodils! Most of ours have dropped the blossoms but some are still there. We have multiple varieties. Tulips are up, dogwoods are blooming. And I think we MIGHT be done with snow for the year.
    Last edited by Sailor Kenshin; May 8th, 2015 at 07:02 AM.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 8th, 2015)

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm jealous of your spring Laura! Snow is in the forecast for us once again. I think the only year it did NOT snow for the May long weekend in Calgary was 2006, the year I got married. We deliberately chose the weekend after May long so we could have it in our backyard. The May long was glorious and of course MY weekend was cold and rainy/snowy. But it didn't daunt us - we discovered our living room (completely devoid of furniture of course) held 50 people rather cozily.

Anyway, onto MI8. I said I would volunteer but I think you have a happy contingent so I will be watching from "base camp" too.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inlovewithjournals For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 8th, 2015)

Thanks

Our crazy Calgary weather!!! Woke up to find snow this morning! Thankfully not much and melting fast...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BCDDiggler For This Useful Post:

inlovewithjournals (May 8th, 2015)

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes at least it's melting! Maybe that is the end of the snow for us this year. We did have a pretty good winter, you must admit, but still no one wants the white stuff at this time of year.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

Thanks

Maybe the theme can be Spring, or flowers.....anyway, I'm throwing my hat in the ring.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 8th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Maybe the theme can be Spring, or flowers.....anyway, I'm throwing my hat in the ring.
    Don't forget that for some of us it is now autumn "Flowers" on the other hand is a lovely theme. Plants often flower in autumn here instead of spring........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Don't forget that for some of us it is now autumn "Flowers" on the other hand is a lovely theme. Plants often flower in autumn here instead of spring........

Good point , can we see some flowers from down under?
    Last edited by Neo; May 8th, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post

Good point , can we see some flowers from down under?

Native Australian trees and shrubs are wonderful. Somehow so much more exotic than UK 'neat and tidy' garden flowers, which are a bit too constrained for my taste

Here's a sketch I did of a Grevillea, an Australian shrub with a huge variety of different flower shapes, and in colours ranging from white to cream, and yellow, through orange to red. Gorgeous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Cob (May 9th, 2015), Crazyorange (May 8th, 2015), Hawk (May 26th, 2015), naimitsu (May 9th, 2015), Neo (May 8th, 2015), Tracy Lee (May 9th, 2015), Uncle Bud (May 9th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Thanks for all the entries. I'm sorry to post and run but I only have two minutes until I turn into a pumpkin and drive off into the carpooling sunset.

I believe I only got three international entries: our Calgary Flames fan BCDDiggler, Cryptos and mhguda. So unless I missed an entry (and that's possible), I believe all three will receive MI8.

Our friend random.org has selected the US recipients, and they are reprieve, tiffanyhenschel and elaineb. I think caribbean_skye said she's entered twice before and hasn't yet gotten chosen, so she's going to get one, too.

If I do not have your address, please PM that to me, along with your email just in case. I believe that means all the international winners plus Tiffany. Perhaps also caribbean_skye if I had to empty my PM box recently.

Okay I'm late to pick up a gaggle of children who resent that and tend to complain and eye-roll. Must dash.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (May 12th, 2015), Cob (May 9th, 2015), elaineb (May 9th, 2015), migo984 (May 9th, 2015), naimitsu (May 9th, 2015), Neo (May 9th, 2015), reprieve (May 10th, 2015), sgtstretch (May 9th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (May 9th, 2015), Uncle Bud (May 10th, 2015)

Thanks

Congrats to all the winners! I'll (impatiently) wait for all of the reviews!

Thanks

Thanks Laura and thanks naimitsu for the good wishes! Will sure try & live up to the standards of reviewing ink while having fun with it...
    De pen is machtiger dan het zwaard - de pen wordt nog gebruikt, het zwaard hangt aan de muur...

Thanks

oooh yay! Thanks. PM on its way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Coolio! This is without doubt the funnest way of expanding my inky horizons. PM sent.

Thanks

Congrats, you will enjoy the experience. I can't wait to see all the wonderful reviews and write ups
    I love the FPGeeks sense of community
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Congrats winners. Now the wait to see what the color looks like

Thanks

Congratulations winners, can't wait to read your reviews (and have another totally incorrect guess). Mystery Inks, I think is my favorite threads on fpgeeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Okay I'm late to pick up a gaggle of children who resent that and tend to complain and eye-roll. Must dash.
    If you're talking about a group of teenage girls, I believe the plural term is not "gaggle", but "giggle'.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RonLyke For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 12th, 2015)

Thanks

wont say this is a wonderful review but this should give you an idea of what the ink looks like. More testing will be done but I was a little anxious today.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Chrissy (May 17th, 2015), Crazyorange (May 17th, 2015), Laura N (May 18th, 2015), naimitsu (May 17th, 2015), Neo (May 18th, 2015), reprieve (May 17th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (May 17th, 2015), Sammyo (May 28th, 2015), tiffanyhenschel (May 17th, 2015), Uncle Bud (May 17th, 2015), Xina (May 17th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Ohhhh pink .....