Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mystery Ink No. 8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Mystery Ink No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by reprieve View Post
    LOL.

I don't deserve any kudos. When I first saw MI8 in the vial, I thought it might be Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki. And then when I swabbed MI8, I thought it might be Lamy Coral. It's a hard color to pin down. I only recognized it because it's an ink that I have been using daily for the past several months. It's funny, before I knew what it was, I loved it. After I knew what it was, I realized it was an ink I already loved and I loved it even more.
    Well, you get mega-kudos from me!

Also, I just loved reading this: "After I knew what it was, I realized it was an ink I already loved and I loved it even more."

That happens to me sometimes, outside the MI context, but still.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

reprieve (May 30th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caribbean_skye View Post
    uhm wow, would never have guessed, i just knew what it wasnt. i may have to get a bottle. will also have to dig out my sample of kosumosu as my impressions of that ink was that it was very light pink to the point it almost seemed that one could barely see it
    Oh, that would be great. I'm literally saying that off the top of my head, so I might be totally wrong. I bought a bottle of Kosumosu when it first came out, and I didn't really like it, so I sold it to someone who'd appreciate it more. So I know they aren't the same. But there is something in my head that said, this sort of reminds me of Kosumosu. But I like Rouge Caroubier more, acknowledging that someone else might feel the opposite.

I have both inks. My impression is that Kosumosu is very soft and delicate with near-zero orange tones. Rouge Caroubier seems bright bright bright orangey-red-coral. With maybe a hint of watermelon.

And way to go, Reprieve!
    Thank you! You are absolutely right. I actually started digging through my old ink notebooks and found something I had written with Kosumosu. I've got a sample written with a Safari with 1.5 stub, and with that much volume it isn't particularly light, but I stand corrected because it's not really like Rouge Caroubier. If I compare them, Rouge Caroubier is more saturated, it has the orange tint, of course, and it looks more complex. Kosumosu is a much purer pink, a carnation pink, to me, and seems more youthful. If that makes sense.

And in another notebook, I also found a writing sample sent by a friend using Sailor Kobe No. 12 Okamoto Pink. And that is also similar to Kosumosu. It could be like Rouge Caroubier, but without the orange it really isn't. At least in my friend's pen, it is a very pale pink. While Rouge Caroubier is more red/orange and more saturated.

Thanks

reprieve FTW!
    The official FPGeeks ink ninja
    Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sammyo For This Useful Post:

Laura N (May 30th, 2015), reprieve (May 30th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyo View Post
    reprieve FTW!
    The official FPGeeks ink ninja
    Perfect!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

naimitsu (May 30th, 2015), Sammyo (May 30th, 2015)

Thanks

Hola!

Review follow up:

I have now used up the sample that was in my Preppy - It went a goodly way and saw an entry in #mondaymatchupgiveaway. So final thoughts and obseervations:

On white paper ruled in blue with double (faded) red margins on the left this really looks like a saturated pink (on the redder side) to me. Still longer dry times than some but not as much feathering either. No problems in either pen and it cleaned out well. I can see why some people use this ink to do marking/editing.

I like it, colourful without being overly bright. Amazon will have it delivered for $35 CAD taxes and shipping, Reid's Stationiery might have it as well for around $30 CAD. Will it make it to my line up? Only time, and my next pen expenditures, can tell - but, I wouldn't rule it out! Though now that I think about it I still have 10 "surprise me" samples from Goulet to get through... anyone looking for a pen pal?

Hope this helps someone!

Again Laura, thanks! It was a lot of fun to participate in.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BCDDiggler For This Useful Post:

Laura N (June 3rd, 2015)

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

J. Herbin Rouge Caroubier! I own it as well and didn't twig. Great ink for editing. Another successful MI!
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inlovewithjournals For This Useful Post:

Laura N (June 3rd, 2015)

Thanks

i just ordered myself a bottle

13. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean_skye For This Useful Post:

Laura N (June 3rd, 2015)