Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nürnberger Schreibgerätebörse - 23 Mai 2015

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,322 Posts

Default Nürnberger Schreibgerätebörse - 23 Mai 2015

Anybody going?

Thanks

Default Re: Nürnberger Schreibgerätebörse - 23 Mai 2015

Do you have more details? That is right down the road from me so I will go once I find out where.
    Off to google.de

edit:
    SATURDAY, May 23, 2015 – 10:00 am to 16:00 pm
    TAFELHALLE Theatercafé
    Äußere Sulzbacher Str. 62 · 90491 Nuremberg/Germany

Thanks

I'm in the same boat you were with the Koln pen show. A 3 hour drive down Autobahn 3 (and back) on a Saturday...

hmmm

Thanks

Yeah that is kind of a stretch. And I see only maybe 30 parking places even if you get creative.
    And no parkhouse nearby either, even at the train station down the road.
    About 1 km to a shopping center with a parkhouse. (Mercado)
    Plus street parking, of course.
    I am still going.

Thanks

So does anyone else plan to attend? My poor wife will be accompanying me, and protecting my (small) handful of Euros. As a first I might even take some trade stock and see how that works out. It looks like it will be a pretty small show but that might be a good thing. Other than Kaweco (the sponsor) I don't know of any other vendors that will attend. I guess we shall see.

Can you tell that I am getting excited?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph View Post
    My poor wife will be accompanying me, and protecting my (small) handful of Euros.
    It sounds like me in the London show. So many pens, so little cash.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RuiFromUK For This Useful Post:

Cob (May 22nd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

So does anyone else plan to attend? My poor wife will be accompanying me, and protecting my (small) handful of Euros. As a first I might even take some trade stock and see how that works out. It looks like it will be a pretty small show but that might be a good thing. Other than Kaweco (the sponsor) I don't know of any other vendors that will attend. I guess we shall see.

Hullo Jeph,

I hope all is well and that you will have a good time at the show.

Er, if by chance you should happen to see a cap for a black Osmia 884 and a clip for a Osmia 223, please think of little me!

All the best

Cob

Thanks

OK Cob, I'll keep a lookout.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

Cob (May 22nd, 2015)

Thanks

OK Cob, I'll keep a lookout.
    Thanks Jeph,

That's good of you.

Best

Cob

Thanks

I'm leaning toward making the drive. Your excitement is contagious...

Check your PM

Thanks

Fixin' to hit the road. Woot!!!

Thanks

I thought I was ready, but the missus says otherwise. I should be there about 9:15.

Thanks

LoL. The missus held me up... Couldn't decide if she was going or not (now she's not...). I'll probably get on the road in 1/2 an hour or so.

Thanks

I just realized I forgot to take pictures while I was at the show. Maybe slightly smaller than the Cologne show, but lots of good vendors at reasonable prices. I had to get away from the table full of Italian pens (more beautiful vintage celluloid than I could stand...), although I did grab a lady's Omas purse pen for the wife (pics to follow).

When I left Jeph, he was pushing around a wheelbarrow with his haul...

Thanks

Heh, just woke up from my nap. When I left even my toes hurt. I went in gunning hard, I will admit. When we got home I also mentioned to my wife that I forgot to take any pictures. I also agree it was small but some very good deals were to be had. It was nice to meet dneal and the wonderful nibs on his Lamy 2000's and an impressive collection of Kawecos including a couple that I have never seen before. Now I have to be on the lookout for those. I am very happy with what I managed to pick up. Pictures of the pens that followed me home will follow shortly.

Thanks

So did you pick up one of the Italians, or go back to the vac-fill?

Thanks

Here's the Omas I got the wife. Anniversary on the 25th, she's happy with it, job done (until next year...)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 24th, 2015), Cob (May 23rd, 2015), da vinci (May 24th, 2015), Jeph (May 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Here's the Omas I got the wife. Anniversary on the 25th, she's happy with it, job done (until next year...)
    That's a beauty - and what a nice nib.

Cob

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cob For This Useful Post:

dneal (May 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    Hullo Jeph,

I hope all is well and that you will have a good time at the show.

Er, if by chance you should happen to see a cap for a black Osmia 884 and a clip for a Osmia 223, please think of little me!

All the best

Cob
    Sorry Cob, while they had surprisingly large selection of Osmias at the show, there were no parts on offer. Entire pens were reasonably priced, in my opinion, but not to the point of becoming parts pens.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

Cob (May 23rd, 2015)

Thanks

This is most likely my last pen show in Europe and Germany so I was serious about finding pens to fill the gaps in my collection. My primary priority was a black striated Pelikan 400/400N/400NN/600/600N with an EF or DEF nib. I also hoped to find a Pelikan 400NN tortoise with good coloration. The next priority was a Montblanc piston filler with a slip cap similar to my 24 with an EF nib. I also intended to buy the M805 Stresemann in EF if I could get a good enough discount from current market prices. And I was on the lookout for a nice Italian fountain pen. And of course I am always on the lookout for interesting pens at good prices.

***Warning: for the short version just skip to the pictures***

The Stresemann was hopeless as there were none to be had at any price and Rolf Thiel of missing-pen.de said that they were backordered until at least June.

There were a pair of Italian’s with some spectacular Italian pens, and the prices were not bad but not sufficient for me to pull the trigger on anything.

The rest of it went pretty well. Pictures follow of the pens that I bought.

1) Kaweco V16 EF. I have several of the V16’s that I like but none of them have EF nibs like I prefer. I found one with a hopelessly broken cap and therefore cheap. Nothing spectacular, sure, but this purchase was the most happiness for the money for the day.

2) Sheaffer PFM I in Blue. The PFM I is my favorite version of the PFM, and Blue is the color I have been hoping to find. I stumbled across this one late in the show at a table I had already visited twice but missed. The pen itself in nearly unblemished but it did not fill. That allowed me to really work a great deal on the pen, especially since I already have the tools, parts and practice to restore the filling system.

3) Parker Vacumatic in Grey Marble. This is a Canadian Vacumatic but with a “Parker USA” gold nib in the slender junior size. It has double jewels, the short blind cap, and the metal lock-down filler. As one of the econo line pens, it has what is for me the more desirable color of the grey marble with massive barrel transparency. The trim is in great shape but there was no sac installed. Since I have the tools, parts and experience to fix these as well, that meant another bargain for me.

4) Pelikan 400 black striated OF. The trim on this one is somewhat worn, but the barrel transparency is perfect and it has the (not original) older script style nib installed with a OF tip. The piston pull is strong but is has the old (and cracked) brittle clear nib unit collar. I have extra collars so another nice bargain.

5) Pelikan 400NN black striated EF. This is the pen that I was after. The condition overall is excellent, the transparency is superb and the EF nib is very nice. This condition for the already bargain price was an instant buy with no haggling.

6) Pelikan 400NN tortoise OBB. At the same table that I found the exact black striated 400NN there was one tortoise (amongst many) that truly jumped out at me. The barrel was very light yet it still had the most red I have seen in a “brown” tortoise pen. The barrel is so transparent it is almost as if it is a demonstrator with red and brown striped accents. To me it was simply stunning. The trim is excellent. Add the OBB nib to that and another bargain basement price and this one followed the other 400NN into the bag with no drama.

7) I had looked at so many Montblanc pens that I had given up on finding what I wanted at a price that I was willing to pay. Then, just as a whim, I asked about a new, unused, boxed Montblanc 14 fountain pen and ballpoint set. I just wanted to use that price as a reference to the other pens I had looked at. The price shocked me, and what was worse I think it actually has an EEF nib instead of an EF. The vender and I both knew that that pen was going home with me and sure enough after 2 cigarettes and much gnashing of teeth the set found itself inside my bag at the original asking price.

8) The one that caused me the most grief was a second generation Wahl-Eversharp Doric short in grey (might officially be called silver shell) that was my last purchase. I had inquired about it earlier and it was outside of my price range. But I have had a strong desire for a grey vacuum-fill Doric ever since I saw some at the London pen show but they were priced for serious collectors only. Both the price and the inability for me to personally examine the pens has prohibited one from finding its way into my collection since then. This one has very good clarity with very little ambering of the barrel, the silver trim is nearly perfect and the filling system worked flawlessly. It does not have the adjustable flex nib, but it does have the Evesharp nib with “Flexible” stamped onto it. We haggled and haggled and haggled and at one point my wife even got into the act and finally I think that he just gave up and made me a good enough deal that this one went home with me as well.

So overall, I was thrilled with the show, although I spent far too much money I got excellent value with every purchase and each one had a reason to be bought. It was a super show for me. And now on to the pictures.

Kaweco V16 EF.jpgPFM I Blue.jpgParker Vac Grey Marble.jpgPelikan 400 OF.jpgPelikan 400NN EF.jpgPelikan 400NN Tortise OBB.jpgMB 14.jpgWahl Short Doric Grey.jpg

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 24th, 2015), da vinci (May 24th, 2015), RuiFromUK (May 26th, 2015)