Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Hommage Mozart Platinum line fountain pen

Senior Member I like mango pudding's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Hommage Mozart Platinum line fountain pen

The fakes make it real hard to buy the real ones on line as you never know if what you just bought was a fake or not.

Senior Member I like mango pudding's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Hommage Mozart Platinum line fountain pen

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I like mango pudding View Post
    I'm looking at a Mozart too to complete my Meisterstuck collection. I haven't seen the Mozart faked. Only the Chopin (145) and the Classique (144)
    This is a site that sells only fake pens and there are 2 Mozart types at the bottom of the page. To be fair they are both Tribute to the Mont Blanc pens though. However, if they can make white ones they can surely make black ones.
    I checked out that site and I really doubt that you'd end up getting what is shown..
    That looks like a site that will just take your money and send you a piece of crap.

Besides those prices are approaching genuine pen prices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I'm looking at a Mozart too to complete my Meisterstuck collection. I haven't seen the Mozart faked. Only the Chopin (145) and the Classique (144)
    This is a site that sells only fake pens and there are 2 Mozart types at the bottom of the page. To be fair they are both Tribute to the Mont Blanc pens though. However, if they can make white ones they can surely make black ones.
    I checked out that site and I really doubt that you'd end up getting what is shown..
    That looks like a site that will just take your money and send you a piece of crap.

Besides those prices are approaching genuine pen prices.
    Exactly. Common sense dictates that you're not going to find a "deal" on a new pen from an online retailer.

ebay- avoid listings where the seller uses stock photos. Look for pens with pictures of the actual pen they're selling.

Trusted online retailers- dont expect to find a good deal on a new pen, but there are several trusted online retailers that resell used pens. Generally speaking, you will pay a higher price than through eBay, however, you have the piece of mind working with a business rather than an individual.

Post a wanted thread here- I'm debating on selling my 114mozart platinum. Theres a possibility others may have one there willing to sell too.

Craigslist- it's a long shot but I've found some amazing deals from my local craigslist. Again, exercise caution when dealing with individuals and make sure the seller isn't using stock photos.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

I have both a black and a bordeaux with boxes and papers and CDs. Both with B nibs. PM me if interested.

Fred