Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two more special Pilot Preras - from West (Oeste) Stationer's Circle, Japan

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default Two more special Pilot Preras - from West (Oeste) Stationer's Circle, Japan

I've been waiting for these two Pilot Preras to arrive from Japan. They are Limited Edition coloured 'demonstrators', made for the West Japan Stationer's Circle "Oeste". I'm told that they only made 200 of each colour; the pens are unnumbered.

One is called Canary Yellow; it was released first. They are very hard to get hold of. The other is Flamingo Pink, and there are still a few new ones to be found in Japan.

The yellow has a Fine nib, the pink is a Medium. They have nibs marked with the Oeste symbol, rather than the Pilot name as is standard on other Preras. These do not have any of the typical printed 'Prera' branding on the cap or barrel. Both are fitted with a Con-50 converters.

I don't usually go for brightly coloured pens, but I really like these two. (CrazyOrange will be proud of me!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

amk (November 7th, 2015), Bogon07 (May 20th, 2015), brunico (May 20th, 2015), cafinn (November 8th, 2015), earthdawn (May 20th, 2015), Faustine (May 21st, 2015), Jeph (May 20th, 2015), Jon Szanto (May 20th, 2015), Mr. Reader (May 31st, 2016), Neo (May 20th, 2015), oldstoat (May 28th, 2016), pica pica (May 20th, 2015), RuiFromUK (May 20th, 2015), sgtstretch (May 20th, 2015), sharmon202 (May 24th, 2015), Takasnooze (May 28th, 2016), Uncle Bud (May 20th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

Default Re: Two more special Pilot Preras - from West (Oeste) Stationer's Circle, Japan

Sweet!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (June 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Two more special Pilot Preras - from West (Oeste) Stationer's Circle, Japan

Nice pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Thinking to self....."my secret plan is working. Before migo knows she won't want another black pen ever again". Evil laugh at this point.

I LOVE that pink one! Congrats they are spectacular.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (May 31st, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Thinking to self....."my secret plan is working. Before migo knows she won't want another black pen ever again". Evil laugh at this point.

I LOVE that pink one! Congrats they are spectacular.
    You're such a bad influence!

I prefer the the yellow one, but they're both kind of cool. And are actually more muted IRL - but not by much! LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just received my first Prera today, the demo one with black top and tail. It's smaller than I imagined, but, a really good shirt pocket size, and the medium nib is oh so smooth. It's a prime example that a steel nib can be just as smooth as gold. I love this little gem, and can see it being used at work an awful lot due to it's pocket size.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bud View Post
    I just received my first Prera today, the demo one with black top and tail. It's smaller than I imagined, but, a really good shirt pocket size, and the medium nib is oh so smooth. It's a prime example that a steel nib can be just as smooth as gold. I love this little gem, and can see it being used at work an awful lot due to it's pocket size.
    When I was at work I always had 1 or 2 Prera in my bag. I treated 'em rough, yet they never faltered. Although small in length, they have a "standard" section diameter, so never feel too small or too narrow in the hand to me.

I think my favourite is the Slate Grey solid coloured model, followed by Royal Blue. I have one with an italic nib that Murfie ground for me - it's a wonderful writer. But I enjoy the standard steel nibs too, and agree that they are very smooth.

As a bonus I am a fan of Pilot ink, so very happily use their ink cartridges, but the converters work just as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    When I was at work I always had 1 or 2 Prera in my bag. I treated 'em rough, yet they never faltered. Although small in length, they have a "standard" section diameter, so never feel too small or too narrow in the hand to me.

I think my favourite is the Slate Grey solid coloured model, followed by Royal Blue. I have one with an italic nib that Murfie ground for me - it's a wonderful writer. But I enjoy the standard steel nibs too, and agree that they are very smooth.

As a bonus I am a fan of Pilot ink, so very happily use their ink cartridges, but the converters work just as well.
    That is so funny you should say that, after using the demo, I have ordered the slate grey one too. I agree about the section size it is very comfortable, and I have big hands. Although I like the grey one, I would love to get my hands on the two in another of your threads, the demo with burgundy ends, and demo with black ends. Both of there are awesome, especially the burgundy one. I think white ends would look cool too.

Thanks

That is so funny you should say that, after using the demo, I have ordered the slate grey one too. I agree about the section size it is very comfortable, and I have big hands. Although I like the grey one, I would love to get my hands on the two in another of your threads, the demo with burgundy ends, and demo with black ends. Both of there are awesome, especially the burgundy one. I think white ends would look cool too.

You'll love the slate grey; it's a very smart colour.

I think I mentioned that I have one of the demos with white solid ends too (smug face, sorry). I keep looking for those 2010 LE demos; there were 15 colours. I've just missed out on one recently .
    The trouble is that the few that come up for sale are mostly sold via Japanese auction sites, and I really struggle with buying because of my abject failure, being unable to read Japanese.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Congrats! I have a Pilot Prera demonstrator with green accents. It wrote great right out of the box!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

I have the soft blue color and the demonstrator with the blue accents (has a calligraphy nib). Both are very nice little writers.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

I recently bought a Prera with the grey ends. I love the nib - I have had a surprisingly pleasant experience with it as well.

One detail I enjoy about this pen is that you can see the back of the nib through the clear section and a flash of the ink colour there. Pens with the nib unit like TWSBI don't have this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cafinn View Post
    One detail I enjoy about this pen is that you can see the back of the nib through the clear section and a flash of the ink colour there. Pens with the nib unit like TWSBI don't have this.
    You can see the ink in the collector/ nib unit of the TWSBI Eco. I'm enjoying using my Eco, which is a surprise as I'm not a fan of their nibs usually. It's a good value pen. Mine was ordered direct from TWSBI, for delivery to Victoria, Queensland.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Very nice !
    Meanwhile I'm still hemming and hawing on pulling the trigger on a solid color (Brown) one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Very nice !
    Meanwhile I'm still hemming and hawing on pulling the trigger on a solid color (Brown) one.
    I just got a solid royal blue one. Like the looks much more than the demonstrator.
    I can tell where I'm not wanted.

Someday that'll be on my tombstone.

Thanks

Here's my little group of Preras. I'm very fond of these pens.
    You can see the 5 iro-ai on the left that have the slightly different white decorative trim/band around the bottom of the cap. Four also have the solid coloured trims on the ends of the cap and barrel (green,white,burgundy and black). These were the earliest models (2010) which were only sold in Japan. Compare these to the two at the top of the photo, with the different white trim, and that also have transluscent tinted cap and barrel ends. These are current models. The orange iro-ai has the CM nib.
    I like the solid colours a lot. My favourite is the brown (between the pink and the grey), which is very dark, almost black. I'm also a fan of the grey.
    These pens are under-rated in my opinion. They are very well made and take a lot of rough treatment. My royal blue and grey ones went to work with me every day for over a year, carelessly tossed into the bottom of my bag, without any problems whatsoever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bogon07 (December 9th, 2015), Bri (January 29th, 2016), conib (May 28th, 2016), Crazyorange (November 9th, 2015), Faustine (November 9th, 2015), Haefennasiel (November 10th, 2015), KKay (November 10th, 2015), Mr. Reader (May 31st, 2016), oldstoat (May 28th, 2016), penwash (November 9th, 2015), sgtstretch (November 10th, 2015), Takasnooze (May 28th, 2016), Waltman (November 10th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

I like the brown also. For some reason with that trim and shape, the brown looks... stately.

Okay, that's it.
    I'm putting a WTT ad. My TWSBI Mini (M) for a brown Prera (don't care what nib).

Thanks

Migo, where did you get the demonstrator Prera with solid ends? I like the demo/neon green one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgtstretch View Post
    Migo, where did you get the demonstrator Prera with solid ends? I like the demo/neon green one.

Yes they're great aren't they. They are very difficult to find as they were the first release in 2010, sold in Japan only I believe. I bought one from a collector, one I spotted on eBay, one from someone on FPN (the lime green one), and I won one on a Japanese auction site. They were originally made in a whole range of colours to match the Pilot Iroshizuku ink range.

http://nyuge3.cocolog-nifty.com/nyug...post-b0cc.html

28. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

Mr. Reader (June 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Wow that is a great collection of them. I just have this one. It has the F nib. It has performed very well for me so far.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (November 10th, 2015), migo984 (November 12th, 2015), Mr. Reader (May 31st, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (December 12th, 2015), VertOlive (December 12th, 2015)