Thread: Noodler's - Black Swan in English Roses

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Noodler's - Black Swan in English Roses

I finally managed to track down both the Black Swan inks at a reasonable price. This is the first BSIER. I really quite like this one, it shades from a darkish red to almost black where it pools.

• Very lubricated ink

• Really nice shading

• Very wet writing

• Feathers on cheaper paper

• Showsthrough on cheaper paper

• No bleedthrough noticed

• Quite water resistant

• More difficult to clean out of pen, requires a lot of flushing

noodlers_black_swan_english-1.jpg

I'm pleased I got this isnk, it is very wet and lubricated and the nib just flows across the page. The ink is also very water resistant, and most of the ink stays put. There is some feathering with this ink on cheaper paper, and I wouldn't use it on copy type papers, this will be kept for good quality papers. I really like the deep red undertone to this one, which leads to really pleasant shading, from quite a dark red through to almost black.

Showthrough is evident with this one, although bleedthrough is kept to a minimum. I think this ink will be used more for personal writing rather than at work, its a very 'in your face' colour, and wouldn't have thought suitable for business use. It's taken me a long while to get these inks, and I don't regret it. I will be using this ink a lot, as I really like the colour and shading you get. The bad point to this ink is that cleaning your pen afterwards will take some time. I had to do many flushes, and two shots in the ultrasonic, it does however completely go from the pen if you are patient.

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Cheers,

Bud.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Bud For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

akapulko2020 (May 29th, 2015), Chrissy (May 29th, 2015), Crazyorange (May 29th, 2015), Haefennasiel (May 29th, 2015), Jeph (May 30th, 2015), Jon Szanto (June 6th, 2015), migo984 (May 29th, 2015), Neo (May 29th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (June 11th, 2015), sgtstretch (June 6th, 2015), Xina (June 19th, 2015), Yazeh (July 1st, 2021)