Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Noodler' s baystate blue

Thanks

Default Re: Noodler' s baystate blue

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawler View Post
    If you have a problem with BSB staining your sink, use hand sanitizer gel. Rub it in and wash it away. My problem with BSB is that it fades. This kind of ink should have a single pen reserved for it. DO not under any circumstances let BSB get anywhere near Private Reserve Hot Bubblegum, it will bring on the apocalypse. You have been warned.
    I am curious it congeals or explodes or what happens?
    Nah, it just stains. There have been various reports like 'it ate my feed' or 'it became sentient and took over my country' but mostly it just stains.
    BSB will even take out a walker

Thanks

I haven't used BSB in anything but a preppy. It works perfectly. Would it not behave in a 580 or an 823?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORPUPPY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjelan View Post
    I love BSB. I didn't realise how much until I looked at the bottle and was surprised to see how much I'd used. I use it at 80% strength and find it is better behaved with no loss in vibrancy (in my eyes). I use it in my TWSBI 580 Al with a M nib and it flows well. While the pen is stained slightly it is minimal.
    Did you use distilled water
    Yes, I did. I filled a smaller bottle about 3 months ago and it seems fine.

Thanks

Question Re: Noodler' s baystate blue

I have a Sheaffer PFM demonstrator and was thinking about loading it with Noodler's Baystate Blue.

Does anyone know if Baystate Blue will stain a demonstrator?

:

Thanks

BSB has so far stained my Noodler's Free pen that came with the bottle. That being said I've been using it and havent fully emptied it, but it seems to 'coat' the inside of the polycarbonate pen (where other inks would drip back down the side.)

Thanks

I have a goulet sample (full strength) in a TWSBI Eco and I love it. Granted it IS a sample and my first fill. I've been using it regularly - think 13 double sided pages of class notes - and haven't yet had the honor of cleaning the pen. All of which I'll do before I buy a bottle. But unless the cleaning is out of Dante's Inferno, I intend to buy a huge bottle and have a signature color here. I frankly LOVE how fast it drys.

It's worked excellently on tomoe river paper and been serviceable on 24# copy paper for me. I do prefer extra fine nibs, so I'm betting that has A LOT to do with my positive featherless experience (it does feather on the copy paper, but I expected that).

But the reason I'm posting is that I've set the pen down over night and when I pick it up in the morning there will be clear spots in the reservoir. Frankly I know what I was getting into when I inked this pen so I was pleasantly shocked to see that. But the grain of salt is it's the first time I've inked this pen and the ink as been in there for only a few days. To believe the interweb horror, that should have be long enough.

I'll try to get a photo the next time it happens.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to quasiquixotic For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (September 28th, 2015)

Thanks

I've had our in my Estie J, black body. No problems. I've actually had it in most of my pens. Having said that, they geta thorough cleaning ifi change inks.

Thanks

BSB the only ink I've found to bleed through a Black and Red notebook paper. and Big Time too.

Thanks

I took the plunge and filled a Lamy Ocean Blue Al-Star with it 3 days ago. 1.1 mm stub nib. Wrote three pages of notes with it today, and it writes great! Using an inexpensive notepad from Staples. No noticable feathering or bleed through, and very smooth writing. As a lefty overwriter, I'm especially pleased with how quickly it dries. In general, with this pen, I'm actually pretty pleased with it.