Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Diamine 150th Anniversary Inks!

Thanks

Default New Diamine 150th Anniversary Inks!

Anniversary Collection – on release from 17th November 2014.

To celebrate 150 years of the Diamine brand they have created the “Anniversary Collection”.
    The new triangular design ink bottles contain 40ml and will be available in eight stunning
    colours: these bottles when collected can be arranged into a beautiful round desk display. I haven't been given any notification of price point yet but unlike the previous two Diamine collections, all these new inks will be available separately from the start.
    AND there are possible rumours of additional colours in the future!
    As usual, my scans are of dip-tested writing, using Lamy Safari pens with M nibs. I use a small sable paintbrush for the 'swatches' but don't re-dip the brush between each one. The paper is my normal Rhodia 80gsm dot grid A5.

Diamine 150th_1864 Blue-Black.jpg
    Diamine 1864 Blue Black
    As you might expect, this is my favourite of all the Anniversary inks. A wonderful, rich dark blue-black with plenty of character. Obviously suitable for business and personal use and when compared alongside a black ink, 1864 definitely isn't! Fabulous!

Diamine 150th_Silver Fox.jpg
    Diamine Silver Fox
    This is a mid grey in my opinion and although not one of my favourite 'colours' this one from Diamine will almost certainly be a winner. Along with Graphite, it will certainly find its way into my collection.

Diamine 150th_Regency Blue.jpg
    Diamine Regency Blue
    A wonderful, deep blue which is nice and rich. Plenty of character and this again could be used for business and personal writing. Diamine have been careful not to make these inks similar to any others of their range and I can't compare it to any at all. Obviously, others out there might well liken them to others by different manufacturers but that's all part of the fun, isn't it?!

Diamine 150th_Safari.jpg
    Diamine Safari
    What can one say? The 'missing link' between Salamander and Evergreen! A fantastic colour and one which will definitely get into the Limoges collection. It reminds me of that wonderful 'bush' grass colour and if I had to compare this one, I'd say it was like Epinard. But I could be wrong...!

Diamine 150th_Carnival.jpg
    Diamine Carnival
    Gorgeous red – if that's your bag! I don't use them as a rule but have to say that this ink and colour impressed me a lot. I can imagine it being popular and, along with Ciamine/Cult Pens Deep Dark Red, could well complete my collection at this part of the spectrum.

Diamine 150th_Blue Velvet.jpg
    Diamine Blue Velvet
    This wonderful ink is my second-favourite of the set; but only just and by the proverbial gnat's whisker! Bright and cheerful are the best words I can use to describe it and I just love it. It seems to be between Aster and Cornflower from the Flower set and it fits in that gap nicely. A lovely blue and probably my third favourite of the set.

Diamine 150th_Terracotta.jpg
    Diamine Terracotta
    This one has grown on me since I did the test and have typed this out. Not too pale at all and even dipped and on Rhodia it seems to shade quite well. Not that that bothers me in the slightest. A good colour but not one of my usual ranges.

Diamine 150th_Tropical Green.jpg
    Diamine Tropical Green
    A good mid green with just a hint towards the blue side, according to my eyes. I bet it would look great on ivory or yellow/legal paper. It could be the only green to get if that's a colour that you hadn't considered before.

150th Anniversary Bottle Image Colour 1864 Blue Black.jpg
    Here's a picture of one of the new bottles and boxes, followed by the Anniversary design.
    150 year.jpg

For those interested and who don't mind looking at another site, a simple review can be found here:
    http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo.../#entry3173016
    Last edited by The Good Captain; November 9th, 2014 at 02:17 AM.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)
    "Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to The Good Captain For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bogon07 (November 9th, 2014), Cob (November 8th, 2014), conib (January 5th, 2016), Crazyorange (November 8th, 2014), dannzeman (November 10th, 2014), earthdawn (November 8th, 2014), Faustine (November 14th, 2014), Jeph (November 8th, 2014), LagNut (November 11th, 2014), Marsilius (December 9th, 2014), migo984 (November 9th, 2014), Potter (November 11th, 2014), rdcalhoon (November 8th, 2014), reprieve (November 8th, 2014), SawtoothJL (November 9th, 2014), swanjun (November 11th, 2014), TerraNoir (November 9th, 2014), trhall (November 8th, 2014), Uncle Bud (November 10th, 2014), veteli (November 9th, 2014), Woody (November 12th, 2014), writingrav (November 9th, 2014), ypsilanti (November 15th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: New Diamine 150th Anniversary Inks!

Thank you very much for the scans, and the information of course.
    That Silver Fox just might be the grey that I had given up finding and I really like the shading from the Regency Blue.

Thanks

I think I need at least 6 of them.. in order of preference..

1. Blue Black
    2. Safari
    3. Carnival
    4. Terracota
    5. Silver Grey
    6. Regency Blue

I will have to see more pics of the Blue Velvet and Tropical Green... they just look several other blues and greens...

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

I really like all of the blues, especially Regency Blue. Terracotta looks lovely as well. Safari is a strong maybe for me; I generally like olivey green-browns. The only one I don't like the looks of is Tropical Green. It reminds me of Lamy Green, which I never got on with. The triangular bottle shape is a great idea.

Thanks

Very nice - that blue-black is a must have!

Thanks

Thanks for posting this, in both forums, The Good Captain. Love these colors and the bottles are great.

Diamine had these bottles for a limited run of inks earlier this year, didn't they?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I'm particularly fond of the blue-black and the Regency Blue, (especially the latter).

Best regards,

Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trhall View Post
    Thanks for posting this, in both forums, The Good Captain. Love these colors and the bottles are great.

Diamine had these bottles for a limited run of inks earlier this year, didn't they?
    The earlier two sets were just little 'square' bottles I think. Don't recall Diamine with the triangular ones before; perhaps another manufacturer.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain View Post

The earlier two sets were just little 'square' bottles I think. Don't recall Diamine with the triangular ones before; perhaps another manufacturer.
    Finally got home and had a chance to look it up...

It was a special giveaway from Cult Pens to celebrate their Deep Dark line:

http://www.cultpens.com/news/offers/...nk-competition

Looks like those bottles were totally triangular, and these are shaped like sections of a ring (with no pointy back). I actually like the look of these more!

Thanks again for posting about this, The Good Captain!

Thanks

Finally got home and had a chance to look it up...

It was a special giveaway from Cult Pens to celebrate their Deep Dark line:

http://www.cultpens.com/news/offers/...nk-competition

Looks like those bottles were totally triangular, and these are shaped like sections of a ring (with no pointy back). I actually like the look of these more!

Thanks again for posting about this, The Good Captain!
    I'd forgotten all about that competition! One wonders if these Anniversary ones could be 'LE' ones, based on bottle availability, if the Cult Pens comments are correct!
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

Thanks

I'd forgotten all about that competition! One wonders if these Anniversary ones could be 'LE' ones, based on bottle availability, if the Cult Pens comments are correct!
    I can only hope that, like the Music and Flowers Collections, they have refills available for these colors. I hope they aren't limited, as the bottle arrangement would be very neat to me. I wish they would keep them as a standard edition. But maybe not?

Thanks

I can only hope that, like the Music and Flowers Collections, they have refills available for these colors. I hope they aren't limited, as the bottle arrangement would be very neat to me. I wish they would keep them as a standard edition. But maybe not?
    Well, they are all going to be available separately from the start. I've just e-mailed Diamine to ask them to clarify the Cult Pens 'quote' about the bottle limited situation, and will of course post their response when I get it. Along with UK price point etc.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

Thanks

Well, they are all going to be available separately from the start. I've just e-mailed Diamine to ask them to clarify the Cult Pens 'quote' about the bottle limited situation, and will of course post their response when I get it. Along with UK price point etc.
    Do you think the bottles are the same? I couldn't tell from the photos, honestly. Now you have me curious.

Looking forward to hearing what you find out. Thanks!

Thanks

Official; just from Diamine.
    The UK price is going to be £7.75 each bottle (including the 20% VAT) and they are NOT going to be Limited Edition!
    There aren't any plans to introduce a plastic version - which I'm not surprised about.
    Good news all round.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Good Captain For This Useful Post:

Jeph (November 9th, 2014), Mesu (November 29th, 2014), Neo (November 9th, 2014), trhall (November 9th, 2014)

Thanks

Official; just from Diamine.
    The UK price is going to be £7.75 each bottle (including the 20% VAT) and they are NOT going to be Limited Edition!
    YES!

Thanks

I think I have fallen in love with the Silver Fox and the Blue Black the most.

Thanks so much The Good Captain for posting all of this truly helpful information about this new release. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for these inks and they will be coming home. As if I need more ink! haha!

Thanks

Terracotta looks great...looking for a fall color for November and this may be it. Thx

Thanks

oooh safari, carnival, blue black and silver fox

Thanks

Must not buy ink...must not buy ink!
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

Thanks

I do not need more ink but....but....Wow, on top of the awesome triangle bottle design and label, I'm loving the Safari color, terra cotta, and Blue- black. They seem to be picking up the same color ranges as Montblanc. I think I'll like Safari even more than Daniel Defoe Palm green...