Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sticker Residue on Pilot Custom 823 Cap

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Sticker Residue on Pilot Custom 823 Cap

[QUOTE=Special K;136462]
    Quote Originally Posted by gregamckinney View Post
    The only effective way to rid a forum of a troll (or a person who is full of bad behavior) is to ignore them. In this case we (or some of us) keep engaging. They will never stop in this mode.

greg[/QUOTE
    Greg, you really are laughable. I haven't even been around for a few days and you scavengers are steadily running your mouths about me. It's gonna be cute when the owner comes and bans those of you on this thread and makes me his moderator.
    Quoted to preserve.

Thanks

Test
    Last edited by Special K; July 6th, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks

Hey! If this keeps up "Sticker Residue on Pilot Custom 823 Cap" will be Number 1 in the threads most viewed! Let's make it happen! Because this is such an important thread!
    Show me a shiny blue fountain pen and I will probably buy it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susan3141 For This Useful Post:

dr.grace (July 3rd, 2015), Dreck (July 3rd, 2015), Jon Szanto (July 3rd, 2015), Neo (July 3rd, 2015), reprieve (July 3rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susan3141 View Post
    Hey! If this keeps up "Sticker Residue on Pilot Custom 823 Cap" will be Number 1 in the threads most viewed! Let's make it happen! Because this is such an important thread!
    I have samples of acrylic, cellulose acetate, polystyrene, Noodler's "vegetal resin", and perhaps some others. You can request a test similar to the one I did before on any of them, if you like (though the acrylic and polystyrene should be quite dull, insofar as these two plastics have reasonable alcohol resistance, or so I am led to believe). Perhaps more useful would be to test a citrus degreaser on them. I don't have any original Goo Gone at hand, but I do have some citrus degreaser I use do degrease bicycle parts. I won't be home until later today, however, so the results will not be immediate.
    --
    Mike

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

sharmon202 (July 4th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.
    Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent;with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.
    -Proverbs 17:27,28
    I guess you're not wise, because you are steadily running your mouth, just like the next wiseman

Quoted for no good reason

Thanx

Thanks

Test
    Last edited by Special K; July 6th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks

See my comments on the following thread: Community News, Site Feedback, Site moderator.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

gregamckinney

Apropos of absolutely nothing: Two of the greatest tragedies of our time are undiagnosed mental illness, and cases where the mentally ill refuse to consistently take their medication.
    I've heard of so many instances where wrenching, tragic interventions were required before truly beautiful people were able to get the help they needed, transforming them into the gorgeous butterflies they were meant to be.

greg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregamckinney For This Useful Post:

Hawk (July 6th, 2015), tandaina (July 4th, 2015)

Thanks

It's gonna be cute when the owner comes and bans those of you on this thread and makes me his moderator.
    Last edited by Dreck; July 4th, 2015 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Only 1 rofl allowed per customer
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

[QUOTE=Special K;136462]
    Quote Originally Posted by gregamckinney View Post
    The only effective way to rid a forum of a troll (or a person who is full of bad behavior) is to ignore them. In this case we (or some of us) keep engaging. They will never stop in this mode.

greg[/QUOTE
    Greg, you really are laughable. I haven't even been around for a few days and you scavengers are steadily running your mouths about me. It's gonna be cute when the owner comes and bans those of you on this thread and makes me his moderator.
    Greg beat me to it but I think we may need to adjust the meds...

Has anyone tried Goo Gone on a forum board?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Susan3141 (July 7th, 2015)

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

Jon, the first thing you do is insult and curse the owner of this site. " that's pretty much what you've done towards me, as well." And now you want him to jump for you. The funny thing is, in the thread that you cursed him; no one would curse him until you got the ball rolling. Then several others felt emboldened enough to curse him, as well. And at one point, he responded peacefully, and you and others still continued being nasty to him. Now, you want him to boot me for doing the same thing that several others have done. " ARGUE". Some of you have even taken to insulting him for dressing nice.
    Dude, how old are you? 5? Grow up or go away!
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sharmon202 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (July 4th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Sticker Residue on Pilot Custom 823 Cap

This is probably going to draw some laughs and chuckles. That's cool, I got it coming. I won't say much because the more I do, others can just use it trash me. I've been hostile and rude towards a whole lot of people, over something silly, that wasn't necessary. I'm sorry for my behavior, on so many levels. This is embarrassing but I have to do it. I know that folks aren't going to be knocking down doors to be my buddy. I owe this apology and I mean it.
    I'll add alittle more to this. If you respond to a comment I make, the world is not coming to an end if you really do believe that I'm just a troll that knows nothing about fountain pens, your welcomed to make me show mine against yours. Same goes for inks, notebooks and. Various accessories. When I apologized, I meant it. What disturbs me, if I said something very nasty to someone, they certainly respond. On the other hand if say something that is very helpful, no one will respond. That's just some food for thought. Even to this day, I'm reading posts that are asking how to ignore this, that? And the other thing. MHosea, I especially need to thank you for accepting my apology. I purposefully tried to be nasty to you, and you accepted my apology. Thank you very much. No, I'm not coming to hug it out. Just wanted to it
    Last edited by Special K; July 9th, 2015 at 11:10 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Special K For This Useful Post:

cnjackson (July 7th, 2015), Dreck (July 6th, 2015), mhosea (July 6th, 2015), sharmon202 (July 7th, 2015), Waski_the_Squirrel (July 6th, 2015), Wile E Coyote (July 7th, 2015)

Thanks

Just read this on the Facebook FPN, thought some of you might find it amusing . . . or not.

"If you ever have an old pend [sic] that will not draw ink/write, first unscrew the barrel, then remove the ink cartridge/converter.
    Then, put just a small drop of googone into the bottom of the nib piece and finally soak it in water with a small amount of Murphy's Oil Soap.
    After a few hours of soaking, throughly rinse the nib/top out in running water, dry, and blow out any excess water from inside, refill with ink, and write away!!!"
    Show me a shiny blue fountain pen and I will probably buy it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan3141 For This Useful Post:

tandaina (July 8th, 2015)

Thanks

I prefer soaking gunked up nibs in aqua regia. Solves all your pen problems.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wile E Coyote For This Useful Post:

Dreck (July 7th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    .!? Please do not try this. (I know you were kidding.)

Thanks

This is probably going to draw some laughs and chuckles. That's cool, I got it coming. I won't say much because the more I do, others can just use it trash me. I've been hostile and rude towards a whole lot of people, over something silly, that wasn't necessary. I'm sorry for my behavior, on so many levels. This is embarrassing but I have to do it. I know that folks aren't going to be knocking down doors to be my buddy. I owe this apology and I mean it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susan3141 View Post
    Just read this on the Facebook FPN, thought some of you might find it amusing . . . or not.

"If you ever have an old pend [sic] that will not draw ink/write, first unscrew the barrel, then remove the ink cartridge/converter.
    Then, put just a small drop of googone into the bottom of the nib piece and finally soak it in water with a small amount of Murphy's Oil Soap.
    After a few hours of soaking, throughly rinse the nib/top out in running water, dry, and blow out any excess water from inside, refill with ink, and write away!!!"
    I remember that. My initial reaction was that it was crazy, but after I thought about it more, I realized that it isn't as crazy as it sounds. Sometimes pens don't write because of oily residue on the feed, and ammonia and and dish soap might not be sufficient. Also, India ink has sometimes been used. We have stuff for that, e.g. Rapido-Eze, and I've had to use naphtha on some new feeds before they would conduct ink properly. Goo Gone is probably capable of the same effects. I'd be loathe to use it with the pen assembled, personally, as it may loosen things like a feed cup that might have been bonded with a glue that won't stand up to Goo Gone, but using only "a small drop" provides some insurance against that, probably limiting the Goo Gone to the capillary path. Murphy Oil Soap contains no oil, of course, and it's purportedly pretty good at dissolving water-based ink, so that takes out dried ink and presumably the residue of Goo Gone. Yes, I imagine it would work rather reliably to get a gunked up c/c pen from the last few decades back in service.
    --
    Mike

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

Dreck (July 7th, 2015)

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    .!? Please do not try this. (I know you were kidding.)
    Oh sure, now you tell me. I hope my Pilot Custom 823 is okay after soaking in it all night!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Waski_the_Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Neo (July 8th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

My gosh you guys I'm at a pen show and just overheard a seller.... Recommending goo gone. Almost died laughing thinking of you all!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (July 11th, 2015), Jon Szanto (July 11th, 2015), reprieve (July 11th, 2015), Special K (July 12th, 2015), Susan3141 (July 11th, 2015), Waski_the_Squirrel (July 11th, 2015), Wile E Coyote (July 11th, 2015)

Thanks

Old fashioned naptha, add in what lighter fluid used to be made of.
    see my pens for sale and my collection at timsvintagepens.com

Current Rotation:
    home: MontBlanc 149/MB Midnight Blue (IG);
    case: Parker 51 Vac/Parker Penman Sapphire; Pilot Custom Legance/Iro Shin-Kai
    office: Varuna Vishal//Waterman Perm Blue-Black (1940's, IG);
    summer pockets: Kaweco Sport/Royal Akkermanblauw