Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dave741=david1600?

Thanks

Default Re: dave741=david1600?

Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c_fu View Post
    well i bought this pen and turns out that there is a lot left out in the description just like the rest of the people that posted. when i just opened the pen there was ink all over the rear of the pen. trying to fill the pen i discovered that ink was gushing out from the rear of the pen. after closely looking at the piston , looks like there is dried ink all over the piston threads. hmm... seems like ink is behind the piston and prob has been there for a while since the brass looks all tarnished. i wrote back to dave to see if he'll help with some of the cost to get it fixed.
    If the pen was sold as being in working order (clearly not in verz (sic) good condition) then he bears the full cost of the repair or gives you a full refund.

That's the correct way to do business.

Cob
    Unfortunately, if this is the man I dealt with, he doesn't do business "the correct way." I suspect he will first try to tell c-fu that it is somehow his (the buyer's) fault. That's the pattern.

Good luck.

Susan
    Show me a shiny blue fountain pen and I will probably buy it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

well i bought this pen and turns out that there is a lot left out in the description just like the rest of the people that posted. when i just opened the pen there was ink all over the rear of the pen. trying to fill the pen i discovered that ink was gushing out from the rear of the pen. after closely looking at the piston , looks like there is dried ink all over the piston threads. hmm... seems like ink is behind the piston and prob has been there for a while since the brass looks all tarnished. i wrote back to dave to see if he'll help with some of the cost to get it fixed.
    If you paid with PayPal file an immediate claim and document everything with a copy of the original listing and pictures of what was received.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susan3141 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cob View Post
    If the pen was sold as being in working order (clearly not in verz (sic) good condition) then he bears the full cost of the repair or gives you a full refund.

That's the correct way to do business.

Cob
    Unfortunately, if this is the man I dealt with, he doesn't do business "the correct way." I suspect he will first try to tell c-fu that it is somehow his (the buyer's) fault. That's the pattern.

Good luck.

Susan
    Thanks susan, how did your situation turn out? did he ever refund you the repair costs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    If you paid with PayPal file an immediate claim and document everything with a copy of the original listing and pictures of what was received.
    thanks jar, documenting it now.

Thanks

Test
    Last edited by Special K; July 6th, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

Eventually he paid the repair costs, but only after a very lengthy discussion on my thread and pressure from moderators here, and I think on FPN. Then he wanted me to delete the thread. I didn't. Because of all the negative associations with that pen purchase, I eventually sold the (repaired) pen to someone else. When you have a bad buying experience, it's hard to avoid associating the pen with the disreputable seller and the feelings of betrayal.
    Show me a shiny blue fountain pen and I will probably buy it.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Susan3141 For This Useful Post:

Cob (June 28th, 2015), Crazyorange (June 28th, 2015), dr.grace (June 30th, 2015), Empty_of_Clouds (June 28th, 2015), fountainpenkid (August 13th, 2015), Hawk (June 28th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (July 1st, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susan3141 View Post
    Eventually he paid the repair costs, but only after a very lengthy discussion on my thread and pressure from moderators here, and I think on FPN. Then he wanted me to delete the thread. I didn't. Because of all the negative associations with that pen purchase, I eventually sold the (repaired) pen to someone else. When you have a bad buying experience, it's hard to avoid associating the pen with the disreputable seller and the feelings of betrayal.
    He paid me the repair cost for Montblanc to do service. away to hamburg now... ETA for fix is atleast 6 weeks... but at least it turned out better then i expected...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to c_fu For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (July 1st, 2015)

Thanks

Bump as a Public Service

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (August 13th, 2015), Dreck (August 16th, 2015), fountainpenkid (August 13th, 2015), Hawk (August 13th, 2015), reprieve (August 13th, 2015)

Thanks

out of curiosity, is this dave741 a Dawid from Austria under the name of limt now on FPN? I just bought a Montblanc from the seller yesterday and I have now noticed the Montblanc 146s he has have identical listings to some from dave741 and nuts88 from a while ago. I went for the 104 he had for sale and am now a little worried I am going to end up with a problematic pen.

I don't like the idea of having to ask such a question on the forum, but I want to make sure.
    Last edited by Fawkes; August 14th, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
    Less is More. - Mies van der Rohe/Less is a Bore. - Robert Venturi

Thanks

Well crap. "limt" on FPN and dave741 & david1600 and nuts88 are all the same people. I went through some of my emails from a few months ago with dave741 and everything is identical; the names, wordings, pics and stories about the pens. The paypal emails are different but the seller names and locations are identical. Wish I had noticed that before I bought the pen, rather than after seeing this thread and becoming suspicious.

I really hope I won't get burned on this.
    Last edited by Fawkes; August 14th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fawkes For This Useful Post:

dr.grace (August 15th, 2015), fountainpenkid (August 16th, 2015), Graphemer (August 16th, 2015)

Thanks

Oh dear! Bought an Aurora 88p listed in the FPN classifieds from "limt" last Sunday. Everything seemed kosher: he had extra photos, which included the serial number, etc. so I paid via PayPal and gave him some time to ship. Nothing. Wrote yesterday to ask if there's an issue. Nothing. Should I lodge a Paypal dispute/claim?

Sighs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graphemer View Post
    Oh dear! Bought an Aurora 88p listed in the FPN classifieds from "limt" last Sunday. Everything seemed kosher: he had extra photos, which included the serial number, etc. so I paid via PayPal and gave him some time to ship. Nothing. Wrote yesterday to ask if there's an issue. Nothing. Should I lodge a Paypal dispute/claim?

Sighs.
    Yes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post

Sighs.
    Yes.
    Done. And thanks again to everyone who brought this to my attention. I'm sure you've all just saved me a huge headache!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,715 Posts

He seems to keep popping up on FPN under any number of aliases.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Sighs.
    I sent him a message a couple of days ago asking for tracking info when he ships the pen. Said he is out of town and will ship on Monday or Tuesday this week, so I guess I'll wait and see. Hopefully, you hear from him about your Aurora.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post

Sighs.
    I sent him a message a couple of days ago asking for tracking info when he ships the pen. Said he is out of town and will ship on Monday or Tuesday this week, so I guess I'll wait and see. Hopefully, you hear from him about your Aurora.
    A quick update on my end: Limt has responded to me, saying the pen has been shipped out (last Tuesday, so two days after receiving payment), and will send me tracking information sometime today. The delay in correspondence was due to travel, which he had told me about. I also corresponded with Wim of FPN fame about the matter; Wim is convinced (or as certain as possible) that limt is not David1600 . I'll update again -- hopefully with good news, and an 'all's well that ends well' sentiment -- when it's time. Finger's crossed! In the meantime, let me say thanks to everyone here for sharing information, and (assuming everything works out) my apologies to limt for jumping the gun. A bit more patience and discernment on my end would have helped everyone, I think.

Thanks

A quick update on my end: Limt has responded to me, saying the pen has been shipped out (last Tuesday, so two days after receiving payment), and will send me tracking information sometime today. The delay in correspondence was due to travel, which he had told me about. I also corresponded with Wim of FPN fame about the matter; Wim is convinced (or as certain as possible) that limt is not David1600 . I'll update again -- hopefully with good news, and an 'all's well that ends well' sentiment -- when it's time. Finger's crossed! In the meantime, let me say thanks to everyone here for sharing information, and (assuming everything works out) my apologies to limt for jumping the gun. A bit more patience and discernment on my end would have helped everyone, I think.
    As promised, here's a follow-up on my experience: The pen arrived the other day (within two weeks of purchase). It was well packaged, and "within parameters" of the original advertisement's description: the pen works as described though I would quibble with its cosmetic description. Still I think the price we agreed to is (on the high side of) fair. Overall, then, I'm pleased with my new acquisition. After the storm and stress, a happy ending for me.

Fawkes, how did your transaction go?
    Last edited by Graphemer; August 27th, 2015 at 01:32 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Graphemer For This Useful Post:

Dreck (August 27th, 2015)