Thread: Ersatz El Lawrence

Thanks

Default Ersatz El Lawrence

I've been writing with Noodler's El Lawrence today, and have fallen in love with it. Sadly, even though I'm using it diluted, my single Goulet sample isn't going to last for anything that even remotely resembles forever, and my UK source for Noodler's doesn't have it.

So, I wondered if people could help me find an acceptable substitute from among the Europeanly available brands (that's totally a word). ie, that shades to a similar warm grey (Citadel Charadon Granite, if anyone has a clue what that means ).

The distinctive stink is optional.
    Last edited by snedwos; September 29th, 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Can't spell...
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

I think Citadel recently changed the name of Charadon Granite to something like
    Stormvermin Fur. I hate their new name atleast the old ones had a vague indication of what the colour could be like. Who has any idea what Incubi Darkness is like.

Sorry I can't help you with a substitute ink.
    Last edited by Bogon07; September 29th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Yeah, I know, right? Extending the range was all very well, but couldn't they keep the old names? They've changed manufacturer, so none of the colours are exactly the same, though. And what if I want to paint my Incubi hot pink?

Luckily, I've found a new hobby
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.