Thread: Chicago area

Thanks

Default Chicago area

I'm interviewing for a job near Joielet and will have a few hours on Monday afternoon to kill. Any pen stores I should see?

Thanks

Default Re: Chicago area

I live south of Joliet. If there are any, they would be closer to the city. Hopefully Laura or others can give you better advice.
    Good luck on the interview.
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,648 Posts

Hope that interview goes well for you.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,021 Posts

We need TerraNoir or SteveE to pop in. There's one dedicated pen store in downtown Chicago, but I don't think it's worth the trip from Joliet or the cost of parking, to be honest. I have a feeling there may be one in a western suburb. I will do a quick search; I'm sure we've talked about this.

And, yes, good luck on the job interview!

ETA: I found this post from Steve -- there is a Paradise Pens in the Oakbrook Mall, which at least is closer than Century Pens downtown.
    Last edited by Laura N; June 28th, 2015 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura N View Post
    We need TerraNoir or SteveE to pop in. There's one dedicated pen store in downtown Chicago, but I don't think it's worth the trip from Joliet or the cost of parking, to be honest. I have a feeling there may be one in a western suburb. I will do a quick search; I'm sure we've talked about this.

And, yes, good luck on the job interview!

ETA: I found this post from Steve -- there is a Paradise Pens in the Oakbrook Mall, which at least is closer than Century Pens downtown.
    If the Paradise is anything like the one over by me, they will have some decent pens to stare at, and if their management is like the one here, there will also be at least one FP collector/nut working! The two random times I've been in there they had someone interesting to talk with who has been active in this hobby for decades! The third time I went there was to pick up a pen. If nothing else, their customer service is wonderful!

Thanks

Sorry I missed this thread - family stuff all weekend. Yes, the Paradise Pen shop in Oak Brook is about the only one I remember. If you are closer in, there is supposed to be an office supply store in Elmhurst that carries some pens, but I've never been there.

Heck, from Joliet if you had a bit more time, you could get to Indianapolis or Milwaukee. Unfortunately, though, those trips would probably take most of a day round trip.

Thanks

The Chicago area boasts a rich tapestry of culture, history, and diversity, making it a dynamic and vibrant region. From its iconic skyline punctuated by architectural marvels to its bustling neighborhoods teeming with life and energy, Chicago offers something for everyone. Renowned for its deep-dish pizza, jazz music, and world-class museums, the city continues to attract visitors and residents alike. With its beautiful lakefront, thriving arts scene, and strong sense of community, the Chicago area stands as a testament to the enduring spirit of the American Midwest. For those seeking safe areas in Chicago to live, neighborhoods like Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and Hyde Park are known for their low crime rates and quality of life.
    Last edited by Mansor; March 20th, 2024 at 02:06 AM.