Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please help: How can I automatically ignore a thread ....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: Please help: How can I automatically ignore a thread ....

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    What is the sense in starting a thread about ignoring someone, especially when they're not even participating?
    In fact they're talking about a thread you haven't contributed to, so no worries. I'd tell you which one, but they might be annoyed with me for advertising it if I did.
    --
    Mike

Thanks

Hey, thanx Mike. It's good to know that Jon is the only one battling the demons in his head. Hopefully he can forgive my shortcomings and we all start getting along again.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Two very simple points:

1. Mike got to it before I did: indeed, this thread has nothing to do with Mr. K. in the least. Wrong assumption.
    2. While we're talking about wrong assumptions, I have no outstanding mental issues at all at the moment. My sig file is as it is for a very specific reason: these are words that Mr. K. spewed at me in a venomous rage, hoping desperately to hurt me. Not only were they incorrect, not only did they not bother me, but by embracing them and keeping them as a license plate holder, I've removed any possibility of them being taken with even 0.003005% seriousness by anyone else.

I won't even consider an apology until Mr. K. cops to previously being GING GING, and any other sock puppets he's been activating. Then we can start a sensible discussion.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I actually find Jon's signature file to be highly reminiscent of the sort of language that I would expect to hear in a Monty Python sketch. They make me smile every time I read - usually in my head in the voice of Terry Gilliam.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Dreck (July 13th, 2015), Jon Szanto (July 13th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptos View Post
    I actually find Jon's signature file to be highly reminiscent of the sort of language that I would expect to hear in a Monty Python sketch. They make me smile every time I read - usually in my head in the voice of Terry Gilliam.
    Just rest assured that I am not contemplating doing anything in anyone's "general direction!"
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    What is the sense in starting a thread about ignoring someone, especially when they're not even participating?
    In fact they're talking about a thread you haven't contributed to, so no worries. I'd tell you which one, but they might be annoyed with me for advertising it if I did.

But Miiiike!

All the OTHER kids are reading it.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

What is the sense in starting a thread about ignoring someone, especially when they're not even participating? Jon, I haven't even spoken to you in over a week, save for to apologize about my behavior on the 823 thread. I am sorry if I've caused you any stress. I have no ill will towards you. Every time you make a comment, my username is right there with yours. That doesn't bother me in the least. It only keeps you angry. A few of you have said that you should start good positive threads... Do it, and if I add a comment about your sticking piston and you don't want to read, then just don't read it. But don't add 15 other comments saying that you are ignoring me.
    Hey, thanx Mike. It's good to know that Jon is the only one battling the demons in his head. Hopefully he can forgive my shortcomings and we all start getting along again.
    Just leave Jon alone. The only person following anyone around, the only person "battling demons in his head," seems to be you.

Your words are false. You seem to have a lot of ill will toward Jon. You seem to be bothered by everything he says. Every time he makes a comment, you see your own user name(s)

Your apologies are insincere. Indeed, they really seem to be passive aggressive attacks. Your many posts on this forum must seem very bold and courageous to you -- saying such nasty things to and about other members here. But then you run and hide and delete them when it's noticed. You hide behind at least three identities -- of that I am sure -- and last week you were posting as two of them. Though you're no longer using Ging Ging. You no doubt have other sock puppets, and there are probably six more in the queue waiting. That behavior alone is grounds for banning on every other forum I've ever been a member. As are repeated personal attacks.

You've been banned at FPN, and they are very good at that, so I bet you can't post there under other fake names. I suspect this is all you've got. And instead of appreciating it, instead of taking advantage of your second (or third or fourth) chance, you continue to abuse the freedom here. You continue to troll, not only your enemies list, but other people who just make innocent posts you happen to see.

Your apology is as sincere as your previous post in that thread was, saying you would delete your membership if you knew how. You know how. And then you deleted that post, didn't you? And here you are.

One isn't really hoping for forgiveness when he continues to bash a person. From the outside, it looks more like you hope to be allowed to keep doing what you do, under the cover of phony remorse and attempts to paint yourself as a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I won't even consider an apology until Mr. K. cops to previously being GING GING, and any other sock puppets he's been activating. Then we can start a sensible discussion.
    Jon, this one isn't going to be rehabilitated. It won't matter. He will continue until being banned. When people show you who they are, you'd best believe them.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

carlc (July 13th, 2015), Dreck (July 13th, 2015), reprieve (July 13th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (July 13th, 2015), View from the Loft (July 13th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MY63 View Post
    "I don't know, I try sometimes in one little thread, but I feel like I post way too much and people are getting very tired of me. I'm sure I've landed on a few "ignore" lists myself."
    Balderdash Sir!

The majority of us love your threads - I just don't post in them as I've nothing useful to say. Please don't reduce your posts/threads - that would be a real loss.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlc For This Useful Post:

Monz (August 25th, 2015), MY63 (July 13th, 2015), Neo (July 13th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (July 13th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Nobody's getting tired of the MI Queen!

I missed the LIPS this year, but in past years it's been great. Wonder if there's a CO Pen show or posse.
    The Colorado Pen Posse is full of wonderful people. Some of them are here. The CO pen show is Columbus Day Weekend, in October. My buddy runs it (very well, I might add.)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

Perhaps I was writing in my post (above) about the wrong thread, which within the last hour has been closed in any event. Thank goodness.

Fred

Thanks

Fred

I suspect that there were two or three threads in various people's minds!

Thanks

Laura N.. When you say that Jon doesn't have my name along with his, is just wrong. Jon, you're being dishonest now. " Mr k spewed at me in a venomous rage",,, hoping desperately to hurt me.. Little drummer boy, say what you want, but be honest. I said nothing to you. Instead, I reported you for cursing the owner of this forum. You were the one spewing venomous rage and it was directed at the owner. It's one thing to argue, but nix the profanity as there may be children on here. And to say this thread is not about me is wholly dishonest. It may not have been entirely about me, but it was about me. And even if I were completely wrong it would be normal to think it was. Several posts into this thread, I commented that I can feel the love. The next two responses were trying to be cute slash rude. They were letting me know in a cute way that this thread is about me. Also, the very same people, in this thread talking about how to ignore someone were the very same people that big ole bad me, hurt in another recent thread. Laura N. My apology was sincere. It's funny that the two angriest people are the two that didn't even acknowledge that. When I said I can feel the love, why didn't you or the little drummer boy speak up and say something? Jon, you say you're embracing my words like a license plate, so that others will see it. No, you're doing it because you are an angry old man with a handful of old pens. You've always felt inadequate because you're not a successful drummer. Instead, pen forums have become your little fantasy world where people will see you as a brilliant fountain pen writer dude. The only problem with that is you only have a handful of old rickety pens in the first place. When you take to plastering someone's name all over your feed and even use their name as your signature, you are sick. You get sporty with others from time to time but they back down. I'm not gonna backdown from you because contrary to what you may think, I don't see you as the brilliant fountain pen writer dude. I see you as an old chump. I'm probably half your age and I have pens that you will never be able to afford.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,518 Posts

WTF?

Thanks

Laura N.. When you say that Jon doesn't have my name along with his, is just wrong. Jon, you're being dishonest now. " Mr k spewed at me in a venomous rage",,, hoping desperately to hurt me.. Little drummer boy, say what you want, but be honest. I said nothing to you. Instead, I reported you for cursing the owner of this forum. You were the one spewing venomous rage and it was directed at the owner. It's one thing to argue, but nix the profanity as there may be children on here. And to say this thread is not about me is wholly dishonest. It may not have been entirely about me, but it was about me. And even if I were completely wrong it would be normal to think it was. Several posts into this thread, I commented that I can feel the love. The next two responses were trying to be cute slash rude. They were letting me know in a cute way that this thread is about me. Also, the very same people, in this thread talking about how to ignore someone were the very same people that big ole bad me, hurt in another recent thread. Laura N. My apology was sincere. It's funny that the two angriest people are the two that didn't even acknowledge that. When I said I can feel the love, why didn't you or the little drummer boy speak up and say something? Jon, you say you're embracing my words like a license plate, so that others will see it. No, you're doing it because you are an angry old man with a handful of old pens. You've always felt inadequate because you're not a successful drummer. Instead, pen forums have become your little fantasy world where people will see you as a brilliant fountain pen writer dude. The only problem with that is you only have a handful of old rickety pens in the first place. When you take to plastering someone's name all over your feed and even use their name as your signature, you are sick. You get sporty with others from time to time but they back down. I'm not gonna backdown from you because contrary to what you may think, I don't see you as the brilliant fountain pen writer dude. I see you as an old chump. I'm probably half your age and I have pens that you will never be able to afford.

I've asked Eric to review this member's contributions as I think it's safe to say we're all a bit fed up with him.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlc For This Useful Post:

Dreck (July 14th, 2015), Jon Szanto (July 14th, 2015), reprieve (July 14th, 2015), Sailor Kenshin (July 14th, 2015), View from the Loft (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Carl, I contribute plenty to this forum. I'm not a troll. I have lots of ink, lots of paper and a lot of very expensive pens. If some one is rude with me I'm gonna be rude back. Have you ever contributed financially to this forum, Carl, I have. Your last comment was to say you love my posts. Then your next one was to say that you want me banned. That's funny. You were one of those who cursed Eric out. Now you want him to jump to attention for you

Thanks

Carl, I contribute plenty to this forum. I'm not a troll. I have lots of ink, lots of paper and a lot of very expensive pens. If some one is rude with me I'm gonna be rude back. Have you ever contributed financially to this forum, Carl, I have. Your last comment was to say you love my posts. Then your next one was to say that you want me banned. That's funny. You were one of those who cursed Eric out. Now you want him to jump to attention for you

Pardon? Where did I say I love your posts?

Furthermore I have never "cursed Eric out".

Give me proof dear heart and I shall admit my errors.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to carlc For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Signature file updated to reflect current adoration status.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post

I've asked Eric to review this member's contributions as I think it's safe to say we're all a bit fed up with him.

Thanks.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Your last comment was to say you love my posts.

I know I have said that to someone recently but I can't get to a computer to find the post. I wonder if this is an inadvertent admission of another sock puppet?

Thanks