Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Please help: How can I automatically ignore a thread ....

Thanks

Default Re: Please help: How can I automatically ignore a thread ....

Carlc, it is painful and embarrassing to have to communicate with you. If your memory is that bad you should go sit in the shade and relax. One more thing, I probably shouldn't say this because you'll forget it. When you refer to me as dear heart, you're trying to talk down to me. You likely also want people to think that you speak the queens English. You might empty the queens trash; you don't speak the queens English.
    You go back and forth with one another about how to ignore me, but when I get involved you go out of your way to not ignore me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Carlc, it is painful and embarrassing to have to communicate with you. If your memory is that bad you should go sit in the shade and relax. One more thing, I probably shouldn't say this because you'll forget it. When you refer to me as dear heart, you're trying to talk down to me. You likely also want people to think that you speak the queens English. You might empty the queens trash; you don't speak the queens English.
    You go back and forth with one another about how to ignore me, but when I get involved you go out of your way to not ignore me

Still waiting for that proof sweetie.

By the way 'dear heart' is a term of endearment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 787 Posts

Hi, Carl. This would be the quote, I think. It was made to MY63, not Special K.

Quote Originally Posted by carlc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MY63 View Post
    "I don't know, I try sometimes in one little thread, but I feel like I post way too much and people are getting very tired of me. I'm sure I've landed on a few "ignore" lists myself."
    Balderdash Sir!

The majority of us love your threads - I just don't post in them as I've nothing useful to say. Please don't reduce your posts/threads - that would be a real loss.
    --
    Mike

Thanks

Your last comment was to say you love my posts.

I know I have said that to someone recently but I can't get to a computer to find the post. I wonder if this is an inadvertent admission of another sock puppet?
    It does seem that there are two people posting under that account. I just hope they aren't sharing the same head.

Thanks

Hi Mike

No that wasn't the one but thanks for trying to find it. It was in a different thread.

As soon as I can get to a computer I'll find it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    Your last comment was to say you love my posts.

I know I have said that to someone recently but I can't get to a computer to find the post. I wonder if this is an inadvertent admission of another sock puppet?
    It does seem that there are two people posting under that account. I just hope they aren't sharing the same head.
    Or worse!

Like this.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Two key principles of moderation must be transparency and consistency.
    I am not on FPN but I gather that many complaints about moderation there boil down to capricious actions and unexplained sanctions.
    I was pleased to see a statement from Eric explaining why he closed the Public Domain thread. Agree with him or not, he told us his reasons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rdcalhoon For This Useful Post:

Special K (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

My bad. I can fess up when wrong. Which brings up something else. This thread is not about pens. So why are you reading my responses? I would love nothing more than for you to leave me alone. Stop discussing how to ignore me. Get a life. You won't do that because you don't have a life

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post

"I don't know, I try sometimes in one little thread, but I feel like I post way too much and people are getting very tired of me. I'm sure I've landed on a few "ignore" lists myself."
    Balderdash Sir!

The majority of us love your threads - I just don't post in them as I've nothing useful to say. Please don't reduce your posts/threads - that would be a real loss.
    Thanx for pointing that out.

Thanks

This is probably going to draw some laughs and chuckles. That's cool, I got it coming. I won't say much because the more I do, others can just use it trash me. I've been hostile and rude towards a whole lot of people, over something silly, that wasn't necessary. I'm sorry for my behavior, on so many levels. This is embarrassing but I have to do it. I know that folks aren't going to be knocking down doors to be my buddy. I owe this apology and I mean it.
    I'll add alittle more to this. If you respond to a comment I make, the world is not coming to an end if you really do believe that I'm just a troll that knows nothing about fountain pens, your welcomed to make me show mine against yours. Same goes for inks, notebooks and. Various accessories. When I apologized, I meant it. What disturbs me, if I said something very nasty to someone, they certainly respond. On the other hand if say something that is very helpful, no one will respond. That's just some food for thought. Even to this day, I'm reading posts that are asking how to ignore this, that? And the other thing. MHosea, I especially need to thank you for accepting my apology. I purposefully tried to be nasty to you, and you accepted my apology. Thank you very much. No, I'm not coming to hug it out. Just wanted to it
    Well, that didn't last long. Even the "apology" was edited and adulterated to include a couple swipes inbetween episodes of contrition.
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreck For This Useful Post:

Cob (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post

Balderdash Sir!

Thanx for pointing that out.
    Whoa are you claiming to be MY63? That really is spectacularly amazing!

Thanks

My bad. I can fess up when wrong. Which brings up something else. This thread is not about pens. So why are you reading my responses? I would love nothing more than for you to leave me alone. Stop discussing how to ignore me. Get a life. You won't do that because you don't have a life
    In response to your question highlighted in bold: Because you attacked me in your post. As noted I have asked Eric to review your content and activity - if you have done nothing to warrant action then nothing will happen. Eric seems like a reasonable man to me.

Thanks

Found it - it was to pajaro in the 'only one pen' thread.

I don't think pajaro is a sock puppet for anyone except himself!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 641 Posts

Unwise, or at least a waste of time, to get involved with people to whom the concept of manners is alien (N.B. That IS the Queen's English and furthermore, the Queen's grammar.)

Rgds

Cob

Thanks

Cob: How true. I have managed to stay aloof so far but I had to ask Eric to review and I wanted to be open about that.

Sadly that left me open to abuse. Agreed I should have walked away but he did make false statements about me and that had to be challenged.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 787 Posts

Whoa are you claiming to be MY63? That really is spectacularly amazing!
    Once again I find myself in the position of explaining something without endorsing it. If one is to hold the high ground, one must be attentive to fairness in all matters.

At the time he read it, he thought the entire thread was about him. Most likely he did not actually read the quoted part at the time, rather just your reply itself, and consequently he was able to understand it as a reply to him.
    --
    Mike

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mhosea For This Useful Post:

carlc (July 14th, 2015)

Thanks

Cob: How true. I have managed to stay aloof so far but I had to ask Eric to review and I wanted to be open about that.

Sadly that left me open to abuse. Agreed I should have walked away but he did make false statements about me and that had to be challenged.
    Naturally; one must not let such things go, but my dear! how tedious it all is!

Reminds me of the story about Oscar Wilde attending a party given by a celebrated bore. "Are you enjoying yourself?" asked the bore of Wilde. "Of course; what else is there?" replied Oscar!

Rgds

Cob

P.S. As this is a PEN forum, how's the 2060 doing?

Thanks

Both my Swans that I adopted from you are very well, thankyou for asking.

I do have two that I acquired from elsewhere which require attention though. Do you fancy taking some work on?

By the way - if you come across an SM 2/68 (I think) in camouflage. Think of me! Actually I've just found one. Just got to find the money now!
    Last edited by carlc; July 14th, 2015 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks

Mike: I have just worked out the ramifications of what you surmise. Thankyou for the clarification.

Thanks

Both my Swans that I adopted from you are very well, thankyou for asking.

I do have two that I acquired from elsewhere which require attention though. Do you fancy taking some work on?

By the way - if you come across an SM 2/68 (I think) in camouflage. Think of me! Actually I've just found one. Just got to find the money now!
    Ha ha! You mean 58 I think: Marine Bronze; 68 does not appear in my list. I have wanted a 58 for ages. Cryptos has got one - grrr!

Yes pm me about the repairs, no problem (unless it's a Visofil VT). I have one other regular client - a Wyvern man - only Wyverns - so a Swan "punter" would be welcome.

Rgds

Cob