I've never had (or held) a 'modern' skyline outside of a 1995 yellow cab edition (which isn't the same thing as what seems not be offered after 2003), and had several demi and standard skylines which I like. And I'm kind of on the fence between the Skyliner 50 Menthol cuz well, the inclusion of the car is cute, and the classic navy blue with the Palladium cap which is a really attractive color scheme that's not over the top.

Normally I wouldn't look at them given what I Feel about the price compared to a restored 1940s model with a 14K gold nib, but the 'semi-flex' nibs seems like it would be more up my ally since I've become accustomed to writing with a lighter touch and prefer some easy spring with the nib (and to find a vintage skyline with some nice semi-flex/flex gets close to the price of the moderns). I tend to write with a rather light touch, or at the very least start my strokes lightly, so it drives me nuts if the nib can't write on a glide/hover, especially when going left from the start of some characters like 's', 'f', 'c'.

The main deciding factor seems to be that nib as I'm not sure what is the main difference if any between the ceramic coated steel nib or the other one, especially for the $40 difference (which isn't that big a difference, and I prefer the Navy Blue Palladium look more).