Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flex Writing

Thanks

I second and third the motion for the IAMPETH website! Would you believe that both my wife and I hosted Michael Sull, the master penman, at our home for 10 days before and after the L.A. Pen Show? He was a delight to have, and we even conducted a private, invitation only class/workshop here that he taught for the whole day to a select group of students hand picked by my wife Janet!

Took Michael Sull to the beach one day, a "guy day" and then to the pen show, it was wonderful to have him, and he will be back next year!

Greg Minuskin
    www.gregminuskin.com
    greg@gregminuskin.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Minuskin View Post
    I second and third the motion for the IAMPETH website! Would you believe that both my wife and I hosted Michael Sull, the master penman, at our home for 10 days before and after the L.A. Pen Show? He was a delight to have, and we even conducted a private, invitation only class/workshop here that he taught for the whole day to a select group of students hand picked by my wife Janet!

Took Michael Sull to the beach one day, a "guy day" and then to the pen show, it was wonderful to have him, and he will be back next year!

Greg Minuskin
    www.gregminuskin.com
    greg@gregminuskin.com
    WOW that must have been an amazing 10 days.

He is a true master of the pen.

For those interested here is a link to his wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sull

While it is not the same as being there at all but some video of his class he gave would have been awesome.

Just watching him write is a gift.

Thanks

Default Re: Flex Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Minuskin View Post
    ... Michael Sull, the master penman ...
    Greg, Michael Sull is a hero to me, for his educational work as well as his penmanship.

There are quite a few copperplate videos on Youtube, including Dr Vitolo's. What you don't see so much of is Spencerian and Ornamental Penmanship, but here's a couple by John de Collibus for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJyIYcEcGQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtiupZ2L_U8

In the second one the magic starts at about the 6'30" mark. Another big thumbs up for IAMPETH from me, it's a marvellous resource. Sorry to bump an old thread, but if anyone hasn't seen those two videos they're in for a treat.