Thread: Pilot Prera Section Trim

Thanks

Default Pilot Prera Section Trim

Has anyone found an easy way to remove the ink that collects between the silver trim ring on the Prera section and the clear plastic of the section? I keep soaking the pen and wicking it out with a paper towel but it takes forever and never gets it all. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any tricks.

I should just live with it but it's one of those things "I know it's still there!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Flood it with water and then use a dessicant. Put it in a Ziploc bag with some do not eat or rice (OK to eat.) Might dry it out for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Interesting and I have wondered about that with the Prera. You confirmed it for me.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks for the suggestion manoeuver! And yes KrazyIvan the Prera does have a tendency to wick ink up right at that silver ring. It isn't a problem when the pen is inked as you can't see it due to the ink being in the section but once you clean out the pen there always seems to be just a little bit right behind the trim ring.

Thanks

I had what looked like the same issue on mine, but it was actually ink on the upper portion of the tail end of the nib inside the section. I simply pulled the nib and feed and gave all the bits a proper cleaning. Beyond that, I haven't had any ink seepage problems around the trim ring on the outside of the section.

Thanks

Speaking of the prera. Was in a store the other day. I Had kids in the cart and i wasnt paying attention. I Dropped the pen nib town and the nib turned up like the wicked witches stockings under the house.

After doing some reading i found the $50+ pen i just bought could be nib interchanged with the pilot plumix. A started calligraphy pen sold for 7 bucks. The plumix is smoither nib. Get the italic if you decide to this as the regular nib is too wide and just isnt practical.

Cheers