Thread: Shropshire Geeks - Pen Evening

Thanks

Default Shropshire Geeks - Pen Evening

A bit too far for me, but Write Here Pens in Shrewsbury, UK are having a pen evening this Friday;

They say on their website...

"We'll have John Sorowka fixing nibs, Alastair form Onoto and Michael from Visconti, as well as the usual stuff. And John Hall will be showcasing some special editions that Omas have sent us, as well as some of their new pens, together with Conway Stewart, Sailor, and enough ink to bath in."

Which sounds pretty good to me!

More detail;
    http://writeherepens.blogspot.co.uk/...h-october.html

(NB - I've no commercial relationship with them, found them on Twitter via a post about Diamine)

Thanks

Oooh! I was in Shrewsbury yesterday! I was looking for pen shops, didn't find this one... Curses!
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Writehere has a Facebook site and twitter and they are really active. I follow them in both places.

Thanks

Yes, I found them when they followed me on twitter (I'd been banging on about good pens to draw with, I think). They're the first bricks and mortar shop I've come across in the UK that offer Diamine (and they have a LOT in stock, judging by the pic they tweeted me!) and things like their pen evenings seem like a really innovative way to compete with internet stores.

As I have some family in Shrewsbury, I'm wondering whether I can combine a visit to write here with one to relatives

Thanks

Well, I won't be going tonight, my last train back leaves half an hour before the event starts!
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.