Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2015 DC show.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: 2015 DC show.

Quote Originally Posted by earthdawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    I had amazing time. The best people, tons of pens and bung box ink...I can't believe it's past. Did I mention the people? You guys are the best.

Hey klpeabody - anyone willing to share a Mini Cooper with me for 7.5 hours deserves a metal. Are we there yet?
    Did you find a way around the GW bridge ??? 7.5 hours is a long haul..

It was awesome meeting you and sharing pens... and everyone there... it was like a whirl wind of people and every table in the bar was loaded with pen nuts. AND it was especially nice to hear the story behind your Andy Lambro grail pen ... such a great time.

Ira, I really wish you could have been there Saturday night with us all. It was just a perfect night, except it had to end. I never imagined there would be so many people we know but don't know face to face.

Next year I am going to find a way to stay from start to finish...

PS ~~~ Ya know ... did anyone take a photo lol ????
    Went across the GWB. It turns out the way to TZB is out of the way. I decided to dare the GBW and paid the price of sitting in traffic for a very, very, long time.

It was a pleasure seeing your beautiful pens and meeting you. I wish we could have spoken a bit longer. Maybe next year.

I didn't think anyone took pics

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ethernautrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Photo request? Could you see if Nibs.com (or someone else) has the rose raden Nakaya there? I am really thinking about saving up for one last Nakaya and can't decide between the rose one, which I've never seen reviewed, never seen photos outside of Nakaya official photos, and the galaxy which come to think of it I've only see "live" user photos of once. :\ I'd love to see how they come across in something other than advertising pictures!
    Yup. No nibs.com this year. I emailed them two months ago to see if they were coming. They will be at the LA show this year. Next year they will be at the DC show. They only do one major show a year.
    They'll be at SF, too.
    I have asked a few times at Pen Posse (cos I couldn't believe) and was told that they would not be at the SF Pen Show. Did you mean that they will be at the SF Pen Show next year? Or is it okay to get my hopes up? (Hahaha.)
    I could have sworn I had an email from John saying they going to be in SF this year but now I can't find it. This is upsetting as I was finally going to pull the trigger on a Nakaya.

Thanks

Photo request? Could you see if Nibs.com (or someone else) has the rose raden Nakaya there? I am really thinking about saving up for one last Nakaya and can't decide between the rose one, which I've never seen reviewed, never seen photos outside of Nakaya official photos, and the galaxy which come to think of it I've only see "live" user photos of once. :\ I'd love to see how they come across in something other than advertising pictures!
    Yup. No nibs.com this year. I emailed them two months ago to see if they were coming. They will be at the LA show this year. Next year they will be at the DC show. They only do one major show a year.
    They'll be at SF, too.
    I have asked a few times at Pen Posse (cos I couldn't believe) and was told that they would not be at the SF Pen Show. Did you mean that they will be at the SF Pen Show next year? Or is it okay to get my hopes up? (Hahaha.)
    I could have sworn I had an email from John saying they going to be in SF this year but now I can't find it. This is upsetting as I was finally going to pull the trigger on a Nakaya.
    John is on vacation and will not be at the SF Pen Show. However, CFP will be present without their chief, as near as I can gather. Data: 1) Phone call to CFP a few months ago; 2) Exhibitor list on the show's web site.

David

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dms For This Useful Post:

dannzeman (August 17th, 2015), Jon Szanto (August 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Unhappy Re: 2015 DC show.

Quote Originally Posted by dms View Post
    They'll be at SF, too.
    John is on vacation and will not be at the SF Pen Show. However, CFP will be present without their chief, as near as I can gather. Data: 1) Phone call to CFP a few months ago; 2) Exhibitor list on the show's web site.

David
    I hate giving misinformation, so, rather than rely on logic, I went to the source. I called CFP today. They are NOT going to be attending the SF Pen Show this year. I expressed my disappointment to Michael.

David

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dms For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (August 17th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 413 Posts

They'll be at SF, too.

David
    I hate giving misinformation, so, rather than rely on logic, I went to the source. I called CFP today. They are NOT going to be attending the SF Pen Show this year. I expressed my disappointment to Michael.

David
    It's not your fault. We did not update that portion of the show website. We're working on it right now since a few dealers have just made plans to come in the last few days.
    2017 San Francisco Pen Show
    August 25-27th, 2017
    Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel
    223 Twin Dolphin Drive
    Redwood City Ca, 94065

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    Only Philadelphia and DC, though I can't say if I'll do DC again next year. I'm getting old to drive so much in one day. It would be good to meet up. How's the Mrs? (Better subjects for a letter,I know)
    Mrs is recovering well from surgery from last Tuesday. I will write you this weekend.

What about coming to Scriptus in Toronto in Nov? $1.30 range for US tourists on your dollar meaning Canada is a cheaper destination than last year $1.10 and two years ago it was par or $.99 range.

I felt I should mention it as a $70 vintage pen in Canada costs a U.S. Visitor less coming to Scriptus.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mags For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (August 18th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    Only Philadelphia and DC, though I can't say if I'll do DC again next year. I'm getting old to drive so much in one day. It would be good to meet up. How's the Mrs? (Better subjects for a letter,I know)
    Mrs is recovering well from surgery from last Tuesday. I will write you this weekend.

What about coming to Scriptus in Toronto in Nov? $1.30 range for US tourists on your dollar meaning Canada is a cheaper destination than last year $1.10 and two years ago it was par or $.99 range.

I felt I should mention it as a $70 vintage pen in Canada costs a U.S. Visitor less coming to Scriptus.
    I doubt I can get there in November, but I am coming to a conference in Toronto in January. Maybe we can grab a coffee. I look forward to your letter.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    I forgot to take too many pictures but here is my haul. Two Newtons, two Brooks, and a Franklin walk into a bar . . . Too much ink (one bottle not shown) and I swear my suitcase will slosh going home. I am so happy and so exhausted by this weekend. It was amazing - so many amazing people.
    Looks impressive, is that new pen case filled with joy or do you now have room to expand the collection?

I saw a few pictures posted and 2015 seems like one of the best DC events ever.
    Rob, we talked about you a lot do you were there in spirit with us. So much fun, it was over the top. I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted in all the right ways. The case will replace my falling apart old Libelle case but holds 24. Lots of room to expand or retract my daily carry and now plenty of loops to dedicate one to my music nib so I have it at the ready. The little tube fits perfect.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

I caught one picture of Earthdawn and Crazyorange mulling over pens.
    I managed to catch the beautiful and amazing Terranoir rocking a great lid for the show!

And, I took my Green Fury made by Jonothan Brooks to the Library of Congress.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

bluefeathers (September 7th, 2015), Bogon07 (August 18th, 2015), Crazyorange (August 18th, 2015), earthdawn (August 18th, 2015), fqgouvea (August 18th, 2015), gwgtaylor (August 18th, 2015), Lady Onogaro (August 18th, 2015), Neo (August 18th, 2015), penultress (August 19th, 2015), reprieve (August 19th, 2015), TerraNoir (August 19th, 2015), writingrav (August 18th, 2015), Zhivago (August 19th, 2015)

Thanks

Here's a writing sample from the Superflex nib in the new Wahl-Eversharp Decoband. It's definitely flexible and my initial reaction is that it's worthy of the name. I couldn't do enough writing to really test flow, but it does have an ebonite feed and knowing Syd's attention to detail, I'm sure it'll be tuned to keep up.

Note: the purple/pink sample is from a vintage OS Decoband with a flexible nib. The feel isn't exactly the same, but the performance seems to be on par.

This is how you revive a brand. Well done guys.
    Thanks for the kind words. It really makes all the hard work and uncompromising standards we try to set worth the time and effort when I read comments like these! The reaction and reception at the DC Show was a almost overwhelmingly positive. And we're darn proud of that. To those who placed their orders for September delivery...Thanks for your enthusiasm, confidence and appreciation!
    Syd

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wahlnut For This Useful Post:

dannzeman (August 19th, 2015), earthdawn (August 18th, 2015), Neo (August 18th, 2015), reprieve (August 19th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Syd,

Will it be available in a standard size?

Fred

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Syd,

Will it be available in a standard size?

Fred
    I agree, this looks a bit big for me but love the design etc.