Thread: Handy Tip For Quick Clean Ups

Thanks

Default Handy Tip For Quick Clean Ups

I am not a patient person, not even with myself. So, when I have tedious, repetitive tasks I tend to develop strategies to make them as painless as possible. If I have to do a quick cleaning of a fountain pen I usually just rinse it with tap water. Since my water comes from snow melt off Pike's Peak's front range it is pretty clean and low in scale. However, I usually do a final rinse with distilled water.

So, I keep a 32oz spray bottle of distilled water handy. It is incredibly useful. I do my quick rinse from the tap then spray the pen holding it close to the nozzle to finish. This removes any possibility of scale build up. The spray bottle is the key. You can premix pen flush and keep it in a similar bottle. So, if you need to do a quick clean you grab the two bottles and go. The large bottles, with the twist adjustable nozzle can put out a good quantity of liquid and achieve a flush fairly fast. If you need to spray inside the body or other tight space just adjust the nozzle down to a stream. It is handy and quick. If you mix your own pen flush the spray bottle gives you a place to store a good quantity of premixed flush.

I got the idea from washing dishes. We keep a similar spray bottle of water and detergent mixed on the sink at all times. If we need to do a quick wash of a dish or a glass we just grab a paper towel and spray the dirty dish, or the towel. A few wipes, rinse, done. Keeps dishes from building up in the sink.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Armstrong For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (August 23rd, 2015), Crazyorange (August 23rd, 2015), da vinci (August 23rd, 2015), Haefennasiel (August 23rd, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Handy Tip For Quick Clean Ups

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Thank you for this good idea.

Thanks

You are quite welcome!