Thread: My Monteverde Invincia from Fountain Pen Hospital

Thanks

Default My Monteverde Invincia from Fountain Pen Hospital

Last week I saw that The Fountain Pen Hospital was offering the Monteverde Invincia Avenger in yellow for only $39.00. It was a very short sale and they sold out quickly. The fine nib that I wanted was sold out but I did manage to get one with a stub. Here are a few photos. I cannot wait to play with it but have a guest arriving from the Midwest shortly so inking the pen may not happen right away. Oh well, as Carly Simon sang, "Anticipation..."

P1030772.jpgP1030779.JPGP1030783.JPGP1030784.jpg

Thanks

I've always thought yellow pens were cool. In fact I have one, my Sheaffer 1960s era Student.

Thanks

The yellow is definitely eye catching and I really like it. Also, the pen is more substantial (heavier) than I was expecting so I'll have to see whether I want to use it posted or unposted. As a general rule I tend to post my pens but I have made exceptions in the past.

Thanks

I have an Invicia Stealth Stylus with the 1.1mm stub. It's a really smooth, reliable writer. The cap is vented from somewhere under the clip and I do have problems with the nib/feed drying out overnight. It takes a moment or two to get it going each day, after that, it's an excellent writer. Keep in mind the stub will lay down quite a bit of ink, so a converter fill goes fairly quickly.

I was at work when the ad for FPH's Invincia sale came out and by the time I could get to the website, they were already sold out. I would have loved to get the yellow to go along with my black.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLJeepGuy View Post
    I have an Invicia Stealth Stylus with the 1.1mm stub. It's a really smooth, reliable writer. The cap is vented from somewhere under the clip and I do have problems with the nib/feed drying out overnight. It takes a moment or two to get it going each day, after that, it's an excellent writer. Keep in mind the stub will lay down quite a bit of ink, so a converter fill goes fairly quickly.

I was at work when the ad for FPH's Invincia sale came out and by the time I could get to the website, they were already sold out. I would have loved to get the yellow to go along with my black.
    I have the same problem with my Invincias, but once it gets going it is a smooth wet nib. It seems to like the Private Reserve Plumb or Noodler's Red Rattler more than any of my other inks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Invincia Stealth with the 1.1 stub here. I can't use it posted. I think the finish on the barrel will scratch off if you post so not a problem for me.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

That is a nice looking pen. I didn't know how I would feel about a Yellow pen but the black nib and accents just set that pen off. I may have to start paying attention to that color now!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

It's the Bumblebee of the fountain pen world.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot