Thread: Chinese pen haul

Thanks

Default Chinese pen haul

Hi all,
    Long time listener, first time caller.
    I'm in China for an unexpected work trip and I've just been for a wander through the shopping mall behind my hotel.
    As I wander down the aisles of the department store what should catch my eye but some cheesy kids fountain pens!
    Closer perusal of the reveals a bevvy of pens in blister packaging.
    What was I to do? I brought them all of course.
    11 pens for about $40AUD.
    Bliss.
    Here's what I ended up with;

Image 1 (5 pens)
    Left to right
    579 - (Mis-packaged) Black with gold coloured trim and gold coloured hooded nib. piston fill (i think, it looks like a converter but instead of twisting to make it fill it has a slider)
    616 - Doctor - Balck with silver cap & hooded nib - Bladder filler
    326 - QQ bear - metalic pale blue with silver trim & nib (not opened - need scissors!)
    3001A - 0.38mm hooded silver nib - halloween cat design, yellow cap, white body, with bottle of black smooth writing ink.
    5038 - 0.38mm silver nib, pink metallic body, black cap with bottle ink as above.

Image 2 (4 pens)
    6017 -black silver trimmings, gold coloured hooded nib
    6017 - got two because I'm a dumbass
    6021 - red with silver trim, silver hooded nib
    6017 - blue with silver trim - gold hooded nib. it appears i have three of these, I swear the blue in yellow packing has a different size nib though.

Image three (2 pens)
    Tru colour Lotus A0046 - black with gold trim, crystal embedded in clip, silver hooded nib, same sliding piston fill as above.
    tru color Lotus satin metal body, shiny trim, iridium nib. no identifying marks, sold with ink.

Sorry for the average photos, I'm a bit limited here in the hotel room, it irks me that i can't get into the damn blister packs, i need to go hunt down a concierge.

I also picked up a muji fountain pen while I was in Hong kong on the way over.

If anyone has a desperate need for on of these pens let me know in the next few hours and i'll see whether I can run down and grab a few more.

Warm regards,
    Jen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

update: looks like i am here all day tomorrow! so that window is a bit larger to get requests in.

Thanks

I got some scissors!!

Image 1 (5 pens)
    Left to right
    579 - (Mis-packaged) Black with gold coloured trim and gold coloured hooded nib.- Plunger Converter
    616 - Doctor - Balck with silver cap & hooded nib - aerometric sac filler
    326 - QQ bear - metalic pale blue with silver trim & nib Plunger Converter
    3001A - 0.38mm hooded silver nib - halloween cat design, yellow cap, white body, with bottle of black smooth writing ink. Aerometric sac filler!! (quell suprise!)
    5038 - 0.38mm silver nib, pink metallic body, black cap with bottle ink as above. plunger converter

Image 2 (4 pens)
    6017 -black silver trimmings, gold coloured hooded nib plunger converter
    6017 - got two because I'm a dumbass
    6021 - red with silver trim, silver hooded nib plunger converter
    6017 - blue with silver trim - gold hooded nib. it appears i have three of these, I swear the blue in yellow packing has a different size nib though. plunger converter (It's infintestimally larger, but I haven't inked it)

Image three (2 pens)
    Tru colour Lotus A0046 - black with gold trim, crystal embedded in clip, silver hooded nib, . plunger converter
    tru color Lotus satin metal body, shiny trim, iridium nib. no identifying marks, sold with ink. plunger converter - nice solid pen.

All of these pens have a pleasingly solid snap to the caps, really makes me feel liek they aren't going to lose their lids.

I inked the 6021, it has a fair amount of feedback, only a little worse than my pilot prera. it's a lovely fine line, not too wet, not too dry. With a little bit of smoothing it should be a lovely pen.

If anyone wants more pictures i'll do my best to oblige

Thanks

Ok I ventured out a bit further today and picked up a few more pens (thank goodness they are cheap)

fromt he top
    Hero 3012 - black with silver fittings, silver calligraphy (art) nib. (the bent one, not an italic), piston converter (inked oh goodness it's broad...)
    Hero 7032 - part of a two piece set with rollerball included. balck with gold coloured fittings, two tone nib probably a M/B, piston converter,
    Zhenjue222 - parker-esque clip, black with silver fittings, silver calligraphy (art) nib. (the bent one, not an italic), piston converter
    bauor 525 - black with silver fittings, two tone s calligraphy (art) nib. (the bent one, not an italic), plunger converter
    lotus 634 - red swirl body, two tone fittings, hooded gold calligraphy (art) nib
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

sweet haul, jen.

Thanks

Wow! A neat little set of purchases.

Pete Mac in Melbourne, Australia.

Lover of pens of all sorts...
    But Lamy FP's are favourites
    And Chinese FP's are fascinating!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Nice haul!
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

My goodness that is a lot of pens.
    You'll be in pentopia for a while testing them all out.

The 326 - QQ Bear - metalic pale blue with silver trim & nib Plunger Converter appears similar to a Parker Vector.
    Probably from the same factory Mrs Bogon's TweetyBird & my TasDevil Vectors came from.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Pretty excellent, haul-wise! And how thoughtful of you to offer re: requests. I'm happy I'm reading this safely after the fact, because a while ago I found a Bookworm pen on eBay-- silver filigree, black & orange-- and I got hooked on these things.

Have you had a chance to try any yet? Especially the halloween cat one!