Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why so few Montblanc posts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snedwos View Post
    I tended to steer clear of MB pens, since I saw them as big, fat things that were far too expensive. Since I;ve got into pens properly I have come to appreciate a pen with girth, and the meisterstuck line has become interesting all of a sudden. (thanks for nothing, FPGeeks...) The 149 is still too big for me to consider paying 600 euros for, But a 146 looks like it would be a great purchase for me. I cry every time I see the price tag on the Picasso.
    Have you considered buying used? That's the only way I have and will continue to buy any 146's or 149's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outbackpengeek View Post
    I have a '60s vintage Monblanc 22, which is a really nice little piston filler. The only modern Montblanc product I have is a bottle of the limited edition Hitchcock red ink...I like that so much that I'm going to buy more just to stockpile some.
    The Alfred Hitchcock Red ink is a great shade of red I bought a bottle the other day along with Carlo Collodi Brown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snedwos View Post
    I cry every time I see the price tag on the Picasso.
    I can only hope you stopped looking.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDaveyB View Post
    I am the same with the Alfred Hitchcock - love the pen but the price tag is close to my years total FP expenditure.
    I'm with you. I spent the last week in Germany and I stopped by at three really good pen shops (no MB boutiques). They all had the Hitchcock on display. Makes it really difficult not to get envious of those of us who have one.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackpengeek View Post
    I have a '60s vintage Monblanc 22, which is a really nice little piston filler. The only modern Montblanc product I have is a bottle of the limited edition Hitchcock red ink...I like that so much that I'm going to buy more just to stockpile some.
    Agreed. I love my 70s 121 and I did the same with the Hitchcock ink. Best red ink ever.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    Have you considered buying used? That's the only way I have and will continue to buy any 146's or 149's.
    Of course. I've never been to a pen show, I expect I'd find something there. But since I have no money at the moment anyway, I just resort to hoping that someone will take leave of their senses just long enough to give me one. Or both.

"Continue to buy"... I think these are pens I would only ever get one of. And use forever, then pass on.
    Last edited by snedwos; September 8th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks

Both 146 and 149 are nice pens indeed, but I wouldn't say they rule my collection, merely complement it. SBRE Brown's YouTube review on the 149 vs the Jinhao 159 was interesting enough to persuade me to get a couple off ebay today. I look forward to comparing them.
    Roger

Magnanimity & pragmatism