Thread: The Fountain Pen Recycler: Happy Customer

Thanks

Default The Fountain Pen Recycler: Happy Customer

I found this site, run by Mike Carter, through a search for a Sheaffer Ebonized Pearl. The vintage prices are very competitive and proved well worth my import to Britain. Mr Carter was very helpful with special shipping arrangements and when it arrived the pen was very fine. Well worth a visit.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to checkrail For This Useful Post:

EHV (January 18th, 2017), Scrawler (November 17th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: The Fountain Pen Recycler: Happy Customer

I have bought from them before as well and was happy with the pens I received except one, a snorkel which doesn't quite work right. It works but the snorkel is finicky and sometimes jams. I have to fiddle with it to get it to extend and retract and eventually it will need to be redone but is otherwise a very nice pen.

I do wish they had better quality pictures but I check their page often and they do have nice prices and send you the exact item you see.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

I bought a Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel from him last year--excellent price, fast shipping, and most importantly, great service: when I said I wasn't satisfied with the nib that came with the pen and expressed my preference for stubbish mediums, he exchanged the original fine for a smooth and wet and stubby medium for no charge. I highly recommend him!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

I do not like to resurrect old posts, but in this case I wanted to give this thread some balance.
    My displeasure has cooled, but as I came across a handful of this guy's handiwork today in my discard drawer, I thought I should share.

I have purchased a number of pens from Fountain Pen Recycler: several snorkels, button vacumatics, Touchdown types.
    About one-third of them were DOA on arrival, or packed up shortly thereafter.
    The snorkels were the worst--there is no evidence that they were professionally restored.
    All of the other old Sheaffers leak at the section/nib junction, and the filling system is stiff and decrepit.

If one is familiar with the quality restoration one gets from major pen retailers, one will be disappointed.
    Fountain Pen Recycler may agreeably say "sure, send it back and I will fix it...", but the point is that if he had done the
    work he claims that he did when he prepared the pens for sale, these issues would not happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistylo View Post
    I do not like to resurrect old posts, but in this case I wanted to give this thread some balance.
    My displeasure has cooled, but as I came across a handful of this guy's handiwork today in my discard drawer, I thought I should share.
    I'm truly sorry if that was your experience. However if there was a problem with any of the pens I don't understand your objections to accept "this guy's" offer to fix it.

I also find it odd that this is your first post on this forum and you use it to resurrect an old thread just so you can disparage a retailer.