Thread: WTT: Cross Century II (gold nib) for Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini

Thanks

Default WTT: Cross Century II (gold nib) for Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini

Looking to trade this classic pen for either a Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini. This Cross was pretty much my first foray into higher-end fountain pens (retails for over $100). It features a sleek semi gloss black body ("classic black") which I love for its ability to hide finger prints with 23k gold accents and Fine gold nib. The subtle elegance of this pen is fantastic, also great for smaller hands due to its narrower barrel. Also comes with ink converter ($8 value).

I have not been disappointed with this pen, or have any complaints about it, however, I first started into FPs with a Lamy Safari and have come to realize that these types of pens are my preference, so looking for a Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini.

This pen is in very good shape. I've only had it for about 2 years, and in that time, I carry it maybe a few times a month, as I said, its my "dressy" pen. Given this minimal use, its in good condition, and given the condition as well as the cost to what I'm looking to trade it for, I would like to trade it for a pen in equally good condition. Maybe you have picked up a Vista or Mini and determined that it was not your cup of tea and would like to use it as a chance to pick up a sleek, gold nib pen.

For full disclosure, although its a Fine nib, it writes broad, I've never written with a M nib, but I would imagine its more like a M. The grip is made of a unique material which grips well. Not sure what it is, but I like it. That being said, it has a few minor scratches on the grip section due to the sharp end at the bottom of the cap from capping and uncapping. When There is also a very small ding (it probably wouldn't be caught if I didn't point it out) on the gold end cap.

This is a great pen, but I want it to go to someone who will really enjoy it, and to exchange it for a pen I know I'll enjoy more. PM for more info

Thanks

Default Re: WTT: Cross Century II (gold nib) for Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini

What size nib are you looking for on the vista?

Thanks

Default Re: WTT: Cross Century II (gold nib) for Lamy Vista or TWISBI Mini

My nib preference is F, also open to M, however, as nibs are swappable and affordable, I'm open to other sizes