Thread: Hello from Flagstaff

Maruk

Default Hello from Flagstaff

Hello everyone, yet another new member.

I have been looking at fountain pens for a while now and lurking through FPN for quite some time. I only just recently sprung for my first pen thanks to dannzeman, who also invited me here.

I currently attend Northern Arizona University and have often wished to develop actual handwriting. Between being on a computer for most of the day (it's my major) and having no time to myself, I've sort of snapped and said "why not?".

Most of my hobbies are still in development (either money or time), but both typography and calligraphy call me for some reason.

Thanks

Welcome to FPG Maruk. I work with computers too but enjoy my FPs (and calligraphy) a great deal. I have solved many a knotty problem with calligraphy when working out solutions. I find that the calligraphy practice sort of draws you in and takes your mind off whatever you're trying to think through and often times thats all thats needed to find an approach.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy your FP hobby a lot and so far I have found people here very welcoming and warm.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Maruk, Welcome! I'm glad you decided to stopped by.
    Feel free to make yourself at home.

Just to help you get more familiar with the forum here, there are a couple of features I would like to point your attention to. Please read them and participate as they help make the forum a better community for everyone.
    Rating Threads
    And if you have any questions check out the FAQ. If that doesn't answer them feel free to contact one of the Admins.

SProctor

Greetings Maruk,

Its great to have you here with us. I look forward to seeing you around and to reading your posts! We're glad that Dannzeman let you know about us!

Very Best Wishes & Kindest Regards,

Stephen P.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    "You can watch things happen... You can make things happen... or you can wonder what the %$#& happened."
    -- Phil Harris (1956 - 2010), Captain, Cornelia Marie, Kodiak, Alaska

penspouse

Welcome from Phoenix. I wish I was in Flagstaff. Some of my kids and one of my grandchildren are there. Much better weather! How long have you been at NAU? Just one fountain pen? I see more on the horizon. They are addicting.

Maruk

I've been at NAU for roughly 1.5 - 2 years now. I used to live in Scottsdale earlier in life with my parents, but some friends cut me a good deal on rent - which is why I am here now. The weather has not been so good recently, probably due to the overhead storm. The past 2 days has varied between snow, wind, hail and sun.

As for pens, yeah, should have seen it coming. No more than 6 hours later I've put in an pre-order for 2 TWSBI pens. I don't want to know how bad this will get once I get to ink varieties (already eying Noodler and Herblin), and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Oh well, it is cheaper than some other hobbies I can think of and probably much more useful in the long run.