Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Caramel Brown

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Caramel Brown

This is a review for Kaweco Caramel Brown ink. This is the latest shade of brown from Kaweco. The previous brown was called Earth Brown and it's darker. You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Earth Brown ink and the older ink boxes are a darker brown colour. You can tell if you have one of the newest bottles because the name of the ink is now printed on the box. It's also on the cartridge packs and Kaweco branding is now on each cartridge.

This is a pretty shade of brown ink. It's not too dark, or almost black and I like it for that. However, I found it quite dry in the Kaweco Dia2 pen that I tested it with, despite the fact that I left the cartridge in the pen for a few days to ensure that the feed was saturated enough. It felt dryer to write with than the Midnight Blue and Ruby Red inks that I have already reviewed from Kaweco.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Earth brown ink. The inks are a fairly similar colour.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

Kaweco Caramel Brown.jpeg

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ahriman4891 (December 3rd, 2020), Amanda (November 25th, 2020), aurore (November 25th, 2020), Bisquitlips (November 25th, 2020), damfino (January 26th, 2021), digitalsedition (December 1st, 2020), junglejim (December 6th, 2020), Marsilius (December 29th, 2015), mrcharlie (November 25th, 2015), Neo (November 25th, 2015), Nethermark (November 26th, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (November 25th, 2020), Yazeh (November 25th, 2020)