Thread: A Greek and 5 Italians

Thanks

Default A Greek and 5 Italians

I am the Greek and I have 5 Italian pens and I have fallen in love with their classic lines and beauty.
    The first one I bought was an Aurora Optima Auroloide in marbled blue. It is a wonderfully crafted pen...the fit and finish are excellent and it writes so very smoothly with just a touch of tooth. The line is wet but not excessively. It makes me feel good just to hold it in my hand.

aurora blue posted 2.jpg

My second purchase was a Delta WE Lucky pen. Another well designed pen and a smooth writer. I especially like the lucky red pepper made of red coral ingeniously mounted so it screws into the cap clip.

delta WE 1.jpg

Not too long ago I decided to try my hand at an e bay auction when I found a Delta Via Veneto posted there. I bid and was successful. I was elated because this is a classically beautiful black pen with white and gold splashes for furnishings. Its smoothness closely challenged the Aurora for smoothness. Fit and finish were without fault. The 18K nib is superb.

nicer VV 1.jpg

I tried another auction, this time for an Aurora Optima Resin red pen with 14K nib. This pen is discontinued in this colour but I love that red. Another coup for Aurora. No wonder I love Italian pens.

aurora red a.jpg

I was so encouraged at finding these fine pens at a huge saving over retail prices, I tried once more for another Aurora pen, this time a limited production pen the Afrika with a 18K gold nib. I had seen this pen advertised online, but at a retail price of no less than 875 US dollars, I despaired of getting one. Here was my chance, although I didn't think I would stand a chance against more experienced bidders who knew the ropes better than I. Beginners luck again...I got it for a bit over 300 US Dollars. I don't know whether that is good for others,but for me I was happy. This is an exquitely made pen.

afrika posted.jpg

I did win a fourth pen but it was a Sailor 1911 so that is for another place.
    I hope you like my Italians, they rock.

Best regards to all
    Leo
    A lover of Aurora and Delta Pens!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

And just think, there is still Filcao, Grifos, OMAS, Montegrappa, Stipula, Signum, Ferrari da Varese, Ancora, Krone, Marlin and Visconti yet to discover.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    And just think, there is still Filcao, Grifos, OMAS, Montegrappa, Stipula, Signum, Ferrari da Varese, Ancora, Krone, Marlin and Visconti yet to discover.
    Oh no!!!!! Please, mercy on my piggy bank! LOL!

Regards
    Leo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Great collection! My Vintage Aurora 88 was my first Italian, now I have one more: an OMAS Paragon(old style).
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    Great collection! My Vintage Aurora 88 was my first Italian, now I have one more: an OMAS Paragon(old style).
    Hi Will up there in New England. I hope this Nor' Easter is kinder than Sandy was! Fingers crossed.
    Thanks mate, they are a pretty lot aren't they. I would love to get an Aurora 88 fairly soon, plus I have my eye on an Aurora Optima Auroloide in Burgundy with Silver furnishings I think. Still haven't decided. At 77 I don't have the luxury of too much time so my decision are made fairly quickly.
    Good of you to drop by Will.
    Warm regards
    Leo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leomitch View Post
    Hi Will up there in New England. I hope this Nor' Easter is kinder than Sandy was! Fingers crossed.
    Thanks mate, they are a pretty lot aren't they. I would love to get an Aurora 88 fairly soon, plus I have my eye on an Aurora Optima Auroloide in Burgundy with Silver furnishings I think. Still haven't decided. At 77 I don't have the luxury of too much time so my decision are made fairly quickly.
    Good of you to drop by Will.
    Warm regards
    Leo
    Thanks! Would you get a vintage 88, or a modern one?
    The nor'easter doesn't look too bad, just SNOW!!!!!!I love snow!
    Will

Thanks

Thanks! Would you get a vintage 88, or a modern one?
    The nor'easter doesn't look too bad, just SNOW!!!!!!I love snow!
    Well I think I would be getting one of the new ones...I am a little vintage myself and have a hankering for new and shiny things. Having said that, if I come across one on e bay auctions, I may just take a shot at it.
    Make some angels in the snow when it comes! Have fun Will.
    All the best
    Leo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leomitch View Post
    Well I think I would be getting one of the new ones...I am a little vintage myself and have a hankering for new and shiny things. Having said that, if I come across one on e bay auctions, I may just take a shot at it.
    Make some angels in the snow when it comes! Have fun Will.
    All the best
    Leo
    If you like a great daily user with a lot of flex (or not) and a great size, I would highly recommend the vintage one. You can get them easily in NOS or mint condition for under $250..great pens! The new one looks awesome too!
    Will

Thanks

If you like a great daily user with a lot of flex (or not) and a great size, I would highly recommend the vintage one. You can get them easily in NOS or mint condition for under $250..great pens! The new one looks awesome too!
    Thanks for the heads up mate!

Cheers
    Leo