Thread: Ink Review: Kaweco Palm Green

Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 Times in 4,012 Posts

Default Ink Review: Kaweco Palm Green

This is Kaweco Palm Green ink that I used in the Kaweco Dia2 when I tested it. You can find the pen review Here

I used a Palm Green cartridge in the Dia2 and it was fitted with a two-tone 14ct gold nib that Kaweco kindly sent me to review with the chrome trim Dia2. This is a M nib, but it turned out to be surprisingly stubbish. It wrote really smoothly with Palm Green ink.

Palm Green is a really attractive green shade that compares well against the very popular Diamine Sherwood Green. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Palm Green ink. The two inks are a very similar colour. However, you can tell if you have one of the newer bottles or packs of cartridges because the name of the ink is now printed on the boxes. Kaweco cartridges are also now impressed with their brand name.

This ink isn't waterproof, and it doesn't stain fingers. Sorry but I forgot to do the water test on the form before I scanned it. So I did it after scanning.

Kaweco ink is made in Germany. It is available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

Kaweco Palm Green.jpeg

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

aurore (November 25th, 2020), Crazyorange (December 14th, 2015), Jeph (December 15th, 2015), KKay (February 17th, 2017), klpeabody (February 18th, 2017), Laura N (December 14th, 2015), Marsilius (February 24th, 2017), Neo (December 14th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Ink Review: Kaweco Palm Green

I love this ink! Thanks for the excellent review, and just in time for the Christmas season. Palm Green was Mystery Ink No. 11, here, and I fell for it. I think of it as the perfect middle green, with great shading.

It's funny but two of my favorite Mystery Inks were standard greens, and I would have said I don't like standard green ink before that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (December 14th, 2015), KKay (February 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 Times in 4,012 Posts

You're welcome. It's better than some greens I have tried. I had forgotten about MI 11 though. Doh!

Thanks

I just tried a cartridge of this today. I like the color a good deal, for cartridge ink. I prefer it over Pelikan-Brilliant Green for sure. I will be buying another box of this color in the future.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (February 18th, 2017)