Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moleskine Issues

Thanks

Default Re: Moleskine Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Petergly View Post
    I've found that the moleskine cahiers are terrible for bleeding, feathering etc. however, just bought a couple of Moleskine 80-page notebooks; paper is different to the cahiers - seem heavier, and more dense. Minimal feathering and no bleed on these.

Regards,

Pete Mac in Melbourne
    Their cahier notebooks are actually my notebooks of choice for school notes (and notes of any kind, really) and I've never experienced feathering with them though have had some minor bleed through. I've used everything from needlepoint nibs like the Platinum UEF to broad LAMY nibs that laid down pools of inks. I guess maybe it depends all on the individual batches because I have had terrible experience with their sketchbooks. The paper has been awful in those that I've tried.

Forgot to add the inks I've used with them: Aurora Black (my favorite), Private Reserve Naples Blue, Akkerman Shocking Blue & Garuda Rood, MB Toffee Brown, Irish Green, Burgundy, Noodler's Dumas and a few others. All have behaved well in the cahiers but terribly in the sketchbooks.
    Last edited by Fawkes; July 21st, 2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Less is More. - Mies van der Rohe/Less is a Bore. - Robert Venturi

Thanks

Default Re: Moleskine Issues

My cahiers, the cheapest of my Moleskines, have no feathering or bleed through. My more expensive lined and plain notebooks are almost unuseable with fountain pens.