Thread: Cartooning with fountain pens

Thanks

Default Cartooning with fountain pens

I primarily go to 2 pens when I cartoon. They are my vintage mid to late 60s MB 149 and a Noodler's Charlie.
    I travel a great deal by air and I used to only carry felt pens, etc and not fountain pens and ink. For the past few years now, I carry my pens and bottles of ink with no problems. I even draw with my MB149 during flights and have filled from bottles. Out of 10s of thousands of miles, I've only had one "accident."
    Here's a pic or a rough from one of my sketchbooks. Done with MB 149 and Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Curious to know if there are any other cartoonists here using fountain pens for their work, too?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inkstains For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (December 29th, 2015), Crazyorange (December 29th, 2015), Frank (December 29th, 2015), Laura N (December 29th, 2015), Marsilius (December 29th, 2015), penwash (December 29th, 2015), Pterodactylus (April 9th, 2016)

Thanks

Default Re: Cartooning with fountain pens

Nice! I'm not a pro, but do cartoon like illustrations, and yes, I use fountains pens for sketching, and sometimes for finished products, too. Your drawings will also be welcome additions to the Art and Calligraphy sub forum! Welcome!
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Default Re: Cartooning with fountain pens

Thanks! I will check that sub forum out!