Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little advice needed with my first high end Visconti.

Thanks

Default Re: A little advice needed with my first high end Visconti.

The replacement Divina seems to be behaving well, I have it filled with Diamine Sapphire and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's only my second Visconti but I'm sure it won't be my last! I was eyeing up the room in arles as I have a thing for brown pens but having seen a better photo of that pollard willows now, I may just change my mind. That is beautiful.
    We look forward to the time when the power of love will replace the love of power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chojo For This Useful Post:

Anne (January 6th, 2016), Crazyorange (January 6th, 2016)

Thanks

Good for you! Thanks for updating everybody

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chojo View Post
    The replacement Divina seems to be behaving well, I have it filled with Diamine Sapphire and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's only my second Visconti but I'm sure it won't be my last! I was eyeing up the room in arles as I have a thing for brown pens but having seen a better photo of that pollard willows now, I may just change my mind. That is beautiful.
    Believe me when I say that it won't stop at one, or even two, Visconti's!! (just ask Tracy Lee who I think trumps us all when it comes to Visconti ownership). For all the noise from the critics, they are wonderful pens and I'm sure you will love them - congratulations. And we always like to see pictures.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Llewellyn For This Useful Post:

Tracy Lee (January 13th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Believe me when I say that it won't stop at one, or even two, Visconti's!! (just ask Tracy Lee who I think trumps us all when it comes to Visconti ownership). For all the noise from the critics, they are wonderful pens and I'm sure you will love them - congratulations. And we always like to see pictures.
    Bogon07 trumps me now by many. I am around 38 but I do love them. My Florentine Hills just went back because the knob on the filling rod came off and wouldn't go back on. Thankfully Coles fixed it stateside and it will be home today. I have had lots of my Visconti need repair, but they are such a pleasure to use and their customer service is really very good. I will admit, though, it has slowed down my purchasing desire for the time being. I've had 5 pens need repair or nib work out of the box just in the last year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy Lee For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 14th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paddrino View Post
    Yea I've noticed the quality control argument as well. I guess the loudest voices will be heard.
    It goes in cycles, a few years ago it was Parker, then Omas, then Pelikan, then Conway Stewart and even Yard-o-Led (and probably others, I switch off after a while). I suspect there is a herd mentality. Once one complaint goes up then others join in with their 'me too' and it snowballs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlc For This Useful Post:

oldstoat (January 20th, 2016), Paddrino (January 22nd, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Bogon07 trumps me now by many. I am around 38 but I do love them. My Florentine Hills just went back because the knob on the filling rod came off and wouldn't go back on. Thankfully Coles fixed it stateside and it will be home today. I have had lots of my Visconti need repair, but they are such a pleasure to use and their customer service is really very good. I will admit, though, it has slowed down my purchasing desire for the time being. I've had 5 pens need repair or nib work out of the box just in the last year.
    Thank you for the good report on Coles. I have an Opera crystal that needs work. I was just gonna throw it in the back of the drawer and forget about it. I'll contact Them, now. I'll mention your praise of them

Thanks

I ve got about 24 Visconti's and the 1st problem I've just encountered is with the Salvador Dali, where I just noticed that it is bending? But my most expensive one is the Visconti Speakeasy LE, # 51 of 1,000. 2nd to my Luigi Einaudi LE - # 63 of 975
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chi Town; April 2nd, 2017 at 01:32 AM.
    Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi # 63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE F/P, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado,Genkai Nakaya Decapodl Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain!, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa Fe Style Custom "51" Made by Ralph Prather - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club

Thanks

How do you like the Speakeasy? I wanted one for the novelty of it, but I haven't been able to convince myself that it's worth the money. It's unique, and that's great for a collector. I'd use it, probably regularly as I really like the design and colors, but I don't anticipate it writes any differently from the other Dreamtouch Visconti's I already own.

Thanks

Well, let me be brutally honest here. I have a whopping 5 Viscontis (BA HS (1), Wall Street LE (3-one of each color), Rembrant. Three of the five needed help right out of the box (skipping, hard starts, ink starvation, vac-filling knob cross threaded). The other two were awesome! I love the pens, but based on MY personal experience, Visconti does have current QC issues. I am glad for those that have never had an issue. I will keep buying them if they continue to produce pens that strike my fancy, but only from dealers who will inspect them first.