Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello From Another New Member...

Thanks

Default Re: Hello From Another New Member...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    I still have a load of Parker Reflex. One shop here was selling them off for 99p
    Oh good, I am glad you still do. That sounds like a good price.

Thanks

Hello Anne

Im glad you have found your way here, and i see all the geeks are making you welcome. If you need to know something then just ask as there are a lot of experienced geeks here who are more than happy to help. Dont forget, have fun.

Stef.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grandmia For This Useful Post:

Anne (January 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by top pen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Welcome! So what was your first fountain pen?
    What was your first fountain pen and what drew you to it?
    I think it was a Parker Reflex some 12 years ago. I wasn't a bad pen for the money, I think the fact it had a nice rubber grip section was what made me buy it.
    Do you still have/use it? I think I will always use my Lamy Vistas ( one is always inked ). I have to ink up my little Kawecos again though!
    I was given a Parker Vector and even though it is so slim, I really love how it writes and how comfortable it is to write with for a while. Plus, it came with the longer cartridge that can hold more ink!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaine View Post
    I still have a load of Parker Reflex. One shop here was selling them off for 99p
    I've got it lying in a cupboard some where. I think the cap developed a few years after owning it and I damaged the nib. I've been meaning to buy another for a few years just never got round to it. I agree the Vector a good everyday pen I think it shares the same nib with the Reflex.
    Oh that is good to know that the nibs are the same. The one I have is relatively smooth.
    I looked into the calligraphy nibs one time and the prices on the single nibs were a bit silly. More worth it to buy the pen set instead. But the spares of regular sizes should be out there too, if you ever decide to replace it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grandmia View Post
    Hello Anne

Im glad you have found your way here, and i see all the geeks are making you welcome. If you need to know something then just ask as there are a lot of experienced geeks here who are more than happy to help. Dont forget, have fun.

Stef.
    Thank You Stef., I am so glad you told me about them and suggested joining. I Will have fun ) I am surfing the board and finding lots of good information!

Thanks

Anne........

You are among good company!

I have "collected" fountain pens since 1988 and presently own about 100.

Enjoy your addiction and please make yourself known among us! Thanks for joining!

to FP Geeks!

We are sincerely glad you are here with us.

We love photos of pens and the various sundries, knowledge, and banter!

Thank you for deciding to join us!

Richard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bisquitlips For This Useful Post:

Anne (February 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
    Anne........

Enjoy your addiction and please make yourself known among us! Thanks for joining!

to FP Geeks!

Richard
    Thank You so much Richard! I really am enjoying the forum - I continually learn something new. I am grateful for all of the decent, knowledgeable and helpful people here.
    I should have joined sooner! Oh, I truly do enjoy my addiction I have recently dove into the Esterbrook J series! I love italics and they have them. So, what's a pen lover to do?
    I read so many posts from Esterbrook fans here, it wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Wow, 100 pens - do you have a top 10? Which nib size/type do you favor?

Thanks

Anne........

to FP Geeks!

Richard
    Thank You so much Richard! I really am enjoying the forum - I continually learn something new. I am grateful for all of the decent, knowledgeable and helpful people here.
    I should have joined sooner! Oh, I truly do enjoy my addiction I have recently dove into the Esterbrook J series! I love italics and they have them. So, what's a pen lover to do?
    I read so many posts from Esterbrook fans here, it wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Yes... I am afraid so. 100 pens... sheesh! Sometimes I feel bad about that, but then I think that I have been collecting the better part of 30 years so I get over it quickly.

My favorite changes often. Typically I reach for one of my Montblancs and I have a 149 with an fine italic nib that I really like. And then there is the Pelikan 400 Tortoise with a medium left oblique nib. Love that one!

Lately I have written the most with a 1955 Montblanc Green Striated 142 which has its matching pencil and its original green alligator leather zippered case. This pen really doesn't have a mark on it as in pristine condition! Gorgeous!

Have a great week and be sure and visit often! And share some photos if you get the chance!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bisquitlips For This Useful Post:

Anne (February 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Anne........

to FP Geeks!

Richard

Yes... I am afraid so. 100 pens... sheesh! Sometimes I feel bad about that, but then I think that I have been collecting the better part of 30 years so I get over it quickly.

My favorite changes often. Typically I reach for one of my Montblancs and I have a 149 with an fine italic nib that I really like. And then there is the Pelikan 400 Tortoise with a medium left oblique nib. Love that one!

Lately I have written the most with a 1955 Montblanc Green Striated 142 which has its matching pencil and its original green alligator leather zippered case. This pen really doesn't have a mark on it as in pristine condition! Gorgeous!

Have a great week and be sure and visit often! And share some photos if you get the chance!
    Never feel bad about anything you buy that makes you happy. Writing instruments are Supposed to be enjoyed That '55 Montblanc is absolutely beautiful! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it and Use It In Good Health.
    I haven't tried posting pictures yet. I can't count on my phone to produce decent pictures, so I will have to dig out a little camera I have for it. Unfortunately, there may be differing sizes within the same post Still getting the hang of things here...

Thanks

Anne........

to FP Geeks!

Richard

Never feel bad about anything you buy that makes you happy. Writing instruments are Supposed to be enjoyed That '55 Montblanc is absolutely beautiful! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it and Use It In Good Health.
    I haven't tried posting pictures yet. I can't count on my phone to produce decent pictures, so I will have to dig out a little camera I have for it. Unfortunately, there may be differing sizes within the same post Still getting the hang of things here...
    Thank you Anne!

I do love the Green Striated 1955 and it writes superbly! I truly wish they made FPs today with this quality. Sheesh!

You have to search diligently and then pay out the nose to get one. Hate that!

But I have to admit that once it is in your hand, there is nothing like it! I just need MORE MONEY!

Send your Pay Pal donations to.... bisquitlips... Never mind!

Thanks

I haven't tried posting pictures yet. I can't count on my phone to produce decent pictures, so I will have to dig out a little camera I have for it. Unfortunately, there may be differing sizes within the same post Still getting the hang of things here...[/QUOTE]

Thank you Anne!

I do love the Green Striated 1955 and it writes superbly! I truly wish they made FPs today with this quality. Sheesh!

You have to search diligently and then pay out the nose to get one. Hate that!

But I have to admit that once it is in your hand, there is nothing like it! I just need MORE MONEY!

Send your Pay Pal donations to.... bisquitlips... Never mind! [/QUOTE]

How funny! Well, at least we can still find the vintage ones and many have been well taken care of. It always amazes me that a pen with such history is still out there and able not only to write, but make us smile to boot. The first one that did that for me was the Pelikan M400.