Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPGeeks Give Away #7

Thanks

In my previous vocation my work entailed lots of meetings - big meetings, small meetings, one-on-one meetings, meetings, meetings, meetings. I took lots of notes and I found a diary to be invaluable - especially for reconstructing conversations at much later dates. I used fountain pens for the dozen years I was in that particular role - they helped make the meetings tolerable and the writing fun.
    In my current vocation as a minister I don't have but a few meetings to attend and I still use fountain pens for keeping notes. I tried for a year or so to write my sermon notes by hand and then type them into either notes or a manuscript. I found that process to be cumbersome and now I do all my sermonizing on the computer; it is simply easier. I do jot notes from reading material in the preparation.
    Last fall I started seminary and now I use my fps for lots of note taking as I'm reading. I also use a preppy highlighter and Year of the Golden Pig ink for copious amounts of highlighting as I read; in fact, I have three of them filled all the time. I've found my Pilot VP is a great pen for reading notes - click it and write a few lines and then click it; works great.
    As far as general writing goes, I use fp's 99.99% of the time. I carry two or three in my shirt pocket and four more in my bag. I've written exclusively with fp's for 17 years or so.

sokuban

I use fountain pens for most of my writing, notetaking, homework, and test writing. Also for miscellaneous if there is one lying around.

Thanks

I use fountain pens daily, usually for entries in my planner/diary. I'm in a late-vocations program and use my FPs for extensive notes on my reading for the course. I also do some sporadic journaling, but not as much as I would if I had a Rhodia Webbie. :-)

Ted H

I use mine for most writing tasks, especially at work. I'm a psychotherapist, and I use them for taking progress notes and treatment planning. Starting to use them to jot down the harmonic structure of jazz tunes as well.

Thrage1

It's easier to go through my day with fountain pens
    wake up then look over the previous days agenda I wrote with a fp. The head to class I study take notes and work out every homework assignment or essay that's due in fountain pen, sad to say I haven't drawn any looks or complements for my fountain pens. The only thing that doesn't work with fountain pen ink is those credit card reciepts you have to sign, I learned that the hard way, I signed a credit card reciept then waved it around for about 10 mins like a Polaroid picture. Now I always carry 5 fountain pens and a ball point.

gillyohan

I use my FPs every day for notes, memos, writing projects, journal, etc. Sometimes I will draw with them. I guess I use them for anything I would use a pen for.

Thanks

I use fountain pens for everything: journal writing, writing letters, and grading papers. The only thing I don't do is use them for making entries in my checkbook -- did that and it bled through the page and I couldn't read anything!

Thanks

I use fountain pens for everything these days. Notes, grocery lists, margin notes while reading, grading papers, hall passes, attendance reports, journaling, doodling, letters, cards, everything!

phdezra

Red face

I use a fountain pen because a) it is comfortable and b) I write more legibly with one. (I read an article recently that talked about how fountain pens generally have longer life-spans than rollerballs, etc. and the impact on the user is positive karma... yet another reason.) I use my fountain pen for note taking at business meetings and also for writing billet doux (personal/love letters). The joys of fountain pen usage are unlimited.

I use my fountain pen on Clairefontaine paper, as well as G. Lalo and occasionally small Rhodia pads. Would love to win this larger size Rhodia. Thanks for offering another giveaway.

Ezra

phdezra

Maybe I missed it.... who won the freebie giveaway?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: FPGeeks Give Away #7

Maybe I missed it.... who won the freebie giveaway?
    Fret not. You haven't missed it. We're a little behind from the Chicago Pen Show. The contest is closed to new entries and the winner will be drawn and announced this evening. Also, the new give away will be posted as well.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Hero using Tapatalk.

mattjs

Congrats to whoever the winner ends up winning! I have a webbie and I love it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Congrats to John, the winner of FPGeeks Give Away #7! John, be on the lookout for a PM from me. Everyone else, check back later tonight for Give Away #8.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGerard View Post
    I use fountain pens for everything: journal writing, writing letters, and grading papers. The only thing I don't do is use them for making entries in my checkbook -- did that and it bled through the page and I couldn't read anything!

dazygrl02

Nifty for John.

Thanks

Wow! Thank you very much! I'm thrilled and look forward to the notebook.
    Really great of you.
    Thanks again,
    John

penspouse

Congrats, John!

Thanks

Notebook arrived -- what a beauty!
    Thanks again, Dannzeman.
    And by the way, I loved the Visconti Turquoise you wrote your note with -- stunning.
    All the best,
    John