Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Philadelphia pen show 2016

Thanks

Default Re: Philadelphia pen show 2016

Monumental ***up at the Westin!

I shipped two Pelican cases to the Westin in advance of the Pen Show. After I canceled, I sent two return labels to the Westin for them to ship them back to me. Now I see from the UPS invoices that they put my labels on someone else's boxes. Boxes that are much heavier and larger than my Pelican cases. These boxes that are not mine are coming to my house, with a shipping surcharge of over 950$ because they are heavier than what I had paid for. I don't know whose stuff this is. My boxes have been shipped to someone else (not me), probably the owners of the shipment I am getting. If you were at the show and had two boxes shipped by UPS, please get in touch with me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 413 Posts

Here are some pics from the show taken Saturday morning. Pictures are the courtesy of the Pen Collectors of America.

Here are more pictures from today.

Last edited by AltecGreen; January 25th, 2016 at 08:46 PM.
    2017 San Francisco Pen Show
    August 25-27th, 2017
    Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel
    223 Twin Dolphin Drive
    Redwood City Ca, 94065

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AltecGreen For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 24th, 2016), Crazyorange (January 24th, 2016), da vinci (January 26th, 2016), earthdawn (January 25th, 2016), MY63 (January 27th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtstretch View Post
    @JonSzanto, there are only 38 bottles left for sale on Sunday. If you would like a sample, DM me your address, I picked up a bottle.
    Yipes! Gee, thanks for the offer, but a sample would only make me wish more that I got a bottle. Bear in mind I haven't *seen* it! Not to worry, we'll just see what happens, but thank you very much for the kind offer! Be safe in all that snow.
    I've been informed by Cary of Fountain Pen Day that F-C has a few bottles left over and will be selling them on their site at some point. No idea on quantities or when it will go up for sale, but enough people have been emailing them about the ink so they are selling it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sgtstretch For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (January 25th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Hi. Hope you got home safe and sound. It was great to meet you. I wish we'd have had more time.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    Hi. Hope you got home safe and sound. It was great to meet you. I wish we'd have had more time.
    The drive home was long but uneventful. I too wish we had a bit more time to sit down and chat, it was very nice to meet you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    @JonSzanto, there are only 38 bottles left for sale on Sunday. If you would like a sample, DM me your address, I picked up a bottle.
    Yipes! Gee, thanks for the offer, but a sample would only make me wish more that I got a bottle. Bear in mind I haven't *seen* it! Not to worry, we'll just see what happens, but thank you very much for the kind offer! Be safe in all that snow.
    I've been informed by Cary of Fountain Pen Day that F-C has a few bottles left over and will be selling them on their site at some point. No idea on quantities or when it will go up for sale, but enough people have been emailing them about the ink so they are selling it.
    Yup... and just so it is clear it is still limited to 100 bottles.

Scott felt bad so many were unable to attend the show and the emails about the ink were so much that he held back a few. That being said he did NOT tell anyone he was out or NOT sell anyone the ink. He just did not have to use the ones he had behind the table.

So all at the show got what they wanted and his good intentions worked out perfect.

>>>>..... I can't believe I am home and its over ... I had such a good time and got to meet and hang out with some of the best people in my life. It amazes me sometimes how strong the and good our circle is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to earthdawn For This Useful Post:

MY63 (January 27th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    The drive home was long but uneventful. I too wish we had a bit more time to sit down and chat, it was very nice to meet you!
    Glad it went well. Next year without the blizzard.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Is it just me, or was everyone overcome by a wave of envy when they saw Tracy Lee's pen case?
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtnbiker62 For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (January 27th, 2016), earthdawn (January 27th, 2016), MY63 (January 27th, 2016), penultress (January 27th, 2016)