Thread: Platinum 3776 nib

Thanks

Default Platinum 3776 nib

Short Story: Skip ahead to **** if you don't care
    So here's the story.. I work as Production Manager for an applied graphics company and I walk around trying to manage about 25 people everyday. I always need a pen with me and, of course, it's a fountain pen. My pockets are usually pretty full with phone, smokes, keys, pocket knife (or knives if I add a slipjoint in there), etc... so I clip my pen to my shirt collar. Since I don't have to dress up, it's usually a t-shirt or a polo shirt. Ok, this is going somewhere...

So I came home from work tonight and took my shirt off to take a shower and threw my shirt on my bedroom floor. While I was in the shower, my over-zealous neat-freak fiance grabbed up my clothes and threw them in the washer....then dryer. Unfortunately, my shirt still had my Platinum 3776 Soft Fine attached to it. In the washer (or dryer), the cap came off and 1; got ink all over the place.. and 2; turned the tines of the pen into something that looks like a paper clip. Ruined - definitely.

I'm looking for a nib for a Platinum 3776. I would prefer a soft fine or soft medium, but will consider whatever just to get this pen working again. Don't really want to go any finer than fine. Let me know what you have please!!

Just throw me a PM or email or just reply to this thread.
    Thank you all very much!!!...

Thanks

Default Re: Platinum 3776 nib

Oh, man. i feel sorry for you. good luck in your search!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Default Re: Platinum 3776 nib

PS: Just a heads up, If you mean Century 3776, that's a different nib than just a 3776 since the older ones were shaped a little differently and were not easy to remove. Also the sad thing is a nib replacement will probably cost as much as it would be just to buy a whole new pen from Japan (~ 70 + shipping), or least not that far south of it.