Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Montblanc 264, an underappreciated pen from the 50s

Thanks

Default Re: Montblanc 264, an underappreciated pen from the 50s

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RuiFromUK View Post
    Hi Jar,

Thank you very much for an excellent review and photos and advertisements. For people who like Montblanc pens this is a great historical source.

Have you ever considered writing a book with all the pen information you have? Even a digital book would be fantastic.

Kind regards,

Rui
    Well, honestly I know a whole lot about very little or maybe a very little about a whole lot. I did do one about Montegrappa pens from around 1970 to 2010 or so but there are already great sources out there for so many other pens, Montblanc, most Italian pens, Conway Stewart, Sheaffer, Parker, Waterman and from folk that know those subjects far better than I so I know my limits.

That's a really great source for Montegrappa info, you should consider another one, I have added a bookmark so I can use it for reference. Thanks

Thanks

Does anyone have a writing sample of an EF nib on either the 262 or 264? I'm contemplating finding one with an EF nib to have as a backup drawing pen for everyday carry.
    Less is More. - Mies van der Rohe/Less is a Bore. - Robert Venturi

Thanks

Hi. I am new at this Forum. Excuse me if I am writing in the wrong place, but I have a doubt that I would appreciate if someone can provide me a support : - I have benn gifted with a MB 264, in which is broken an partialy missed the snow cap star part (snowflake top). I would like to replace this part, to complete my fountain pen. My greatest trouble is how to identify the right part, part number and where to start looking for. Could anyonebe so kind and support me on this project ? I thank any idea, in advance.

Thanks

Circling back to the original post:

The 264 looked very much like the discontinued 244, featured two cap bands...
    The 264 has withstood the test of time better than the 250 series which tend to develop cracks in the cap lip....

I have a 264 with a single capband, though Collectible Stars clearly shows two cap bands, one narrow and one wide.
    None of the 25x series I have, or that are shown in Collectible Stars have exposed cap lips, being covered by the cap bands.