Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Subject of FPN, Censorship, and Community

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: On the Subject of FPN, Censorship, and Community

Quote Originally Posted by HughC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pengeezer View Post
    I have no problem if my assumption is wrong(I've been wrong before) that there is a financial relationship. But even in sponsorship the needs of the sponsor should not prevail over the members,esp. if all the members have done is to prematurely introduce future product info into the marketplace. John
    That decision is for the owner of the forum to make. It is not up to others to decide who should get priority on a privately owned forum. More importantly, the owner of FPN has made his decision, and threads such as this will not change it.
    Actually you're wrong, again, but that's not surprising as Wim has posted here in the past ....yes he really has...and after the absurdity of one of his banning was pointed out it was reversed. Wim frequently visits and monitors other boards and has banned people who post elsewhere when he doesn't like what's said. Your understanding on this subject is negligible....your post demonstrate that.
    Sorry to have to tell you this again: it is for the forum owner to make. The fact that Wim may have said whatever, or even changed his mind on something, does not change that; all it shows, at best, is that he is responsive to his readers. Think a bit more about that, anf you will get it. Indeed, reflect the fact that people (you included) are here whining hopelessly and helplessly about how some thins are done on FPN!

Banned
    Thanks

Wim frequently visits and monitors other boards and has banned people who post elsewhere when he doesn't like what's said.
    He has every right to do whatever he pleases on his forum. And there is nothing you (or anyone else) can do about, except whine here!

Thanks

The fine point, with no pun particularly intended, about FPG is that no-one will be banned on the basis of my or anyone else's being offended. That is not theoretical as plenty has been said that could be judged offensive, but it is good to know people are not shut down.
    Regards,
    Timothy

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to checkrail For This Useful Post:

Dreck (February 20th, 2016), Jon Szanto (February 20th, 2016), Marsilius (February 20th, 2016), pengeezer (February 20th, 2016), reprieve (February 20th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Chazz responds:

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Crazyorange (February 20th, 2016), dr.grace (February 22nd, 2016), Dreck (February 20th, 2016), Flounder (February 20th, 2016), HughC (February 20th, 2016), lsmith42 (February 20th, 2016), mhphoto (February 21st, 2016), oldstoat (February 20th, 2016), reprieve (February 20th, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (February 20th, 2016), stub (February 20th, 2016)

Thanks

I thought it was Dr. Deans' intention to post all the information censored on his blog? Will this be happening?
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

Thanks

Wim frequently visits and monitors other boards and has banned people who post elsewhere when he doesn't like what's said.
    He has every right to do whatever he pleases on his forum. And there is nothing you (or anyone else) can do about, except whine here!

Let me see if I have it figured out correctly.....if we whine,it means we don't care and are just desiring to make fun of the
    owner of a forum and his way of doing things(i.e., deviating from forum rules as it suits him). If we whine,that means we're
    jealous of him and of his way of doing things. Yet our response is to allow that it is his forum and that he can run it as he
    pleases,only that we are upset by his desire to deceive as he chooses and to the extent that he chooses. So if that pre-
    mise is correct,then--

-we should be jealous the he's better at deceiving than we are;

-we shouldn't care if anyone gets deceived there

-we should think only about ourselves and forget about any other members;we're the one
    that's important

Since none of that is the case.....I'd say the shoe's on the other foot.

John

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pengeezer For This Useful Post:

HughC (February 20th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Chazz responds:

I can LOLZing!
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (February 20th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I had a PM from Wim about a post not on FPN...I basically told him to fuck off..and was banned. Apparently to some FPN censoring outside their own private domain is perfectly acceptable. Do you think I'd bother to lie ?
    Well, as a forum, they are not alone: I was banned from another boutique pen forum for something I said here.
    Jon,

I had indeed forgotten about this unfortunate turn of events.

In as much as I'm aware, we have had banning activities on almost all the boutiques I can think of where I have played. Limiting this to banning of active and respected members of at least one boutique so as to exclude trolls being banned, I know of the following that banned at least one active member of the pen community:

Lion and Pen (defunct)
    Pen Trace (now the New Pentrace under different management)
    The Zoss List
    Fountain Pen Network
    Fountain Pen Board
    New Pentrace

There may be others, I don't play everywhere.
    Well, I never banned anyone from Pentrace, except when a poster engages in repeated blatant violation of our guidelines http://www.newpentrace.net/netiquette.html
    and certainly not for anything posted elsewhere. In fact, I can only think of one instance of banning a poster in the last ten years (and the ban was quite appropriate).

Banned
    Thanks

Let me see if I have it figured out correctly.....if we whine,it means we don't care and are just desiring to make fun of the
    owner of a forum and his way of doing things(i.e., deviating from forum rules as it suits him). If we whine,that means we're
    jealous of him and of his way of doing things. Yet our response is to allow that it is his forum and that he can run it as he
    pleases,only that we are upset by his desire to deceive as he chooses and to the extent that he chooses. So if that pre-
    mise is correct,then--

-we should be jealous the he's better at deceiving than we are;

-we shouldn't care if anyone gets deceived there

-we should think only about ourselves and forget about any other members;we're the one
    that's important

Since none of that is the case.....I'd say the shoe's on the other foot.
    John
    The first thing to be said about what you have written is that you were obviously not in school on the day they taught elementary logic and reasoning. The second thing to be said is that you are still whining (hopelessly and helplessly). And the third thing is this: the misplaced bile dripping from you and your buddies here won't change a thing on FPN.

Banned
    Thanks

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Wim for ensuring that troublemakers and pests, none of whom have anything useful to offer, are kept out of FPN and relegated to fringe zones (like this one).

Thanks

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Wim for ensuring that troublemakers and pests, none of whom have anything useful to offer, are kept out of FPN and relegated to fringe zones (like this one).
    So you're here because you have nothing "useful to offer" ?....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HughC For This Useful Post:

redmanca (February 23rd, 2016)

Thanks

I have no problem if my assumption is wrong(I've been wrong before) that there is a financial relationship. But even in sponsorship the needs of the sponsor should not prevail over the members,esp. if all the members have done is to prematurely introduce future product info into the marketplace. John
    That decision is for the owner of the forum to make. It is not up to others to decide who should get priority on a privately owned forum. More importantly, the owner of FPN has made his decision, and threads such as this will not change it.
    Actually you're wrong, again, but that's not surprising as Wim has posted here in the past ....yes he really has...and after the absurdity of one of his banning was pointed out it was reversed. Wim frequently visits and monitors other boards and has banned people who post elsewhere when he doesn't like what's said. Your understanding on this subject is negligible....your post demonstrate that.
    Sorry to have to tell you this again: it is for the forum owner to make. The fact that Wim may have said whatever, or even changed his mind on something, does not change that; all it shows, at best, is that he is responsive to his readers. Think a bit more about that, anf you will get it. Indeed, reflect the fact that people (you included) are here whining hopelessly and helplessly about how some thins are done on FPN!
    What a wonderful example of failed logic....

Using your logic we should all accept what Kim Jong Um does in North Korea because he owns it ? Of course anything else would be just whining.....

Did it ever occur to you that the right to freely expressing ones thoughts is a right many like to have?

Did it ever occur to you that suppressing free speak is not a desirable trait ?

Did it ever occur to you that a forum can be run in an open and democratic style ?

Did it ever occur to you that Geeks embodies all the best aspects of a pen forum ?

Did it ever occur to you that it's just plain stupid to come here and whinge about the very forum that allows you to whinge ?

*sigh*

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HughC For This Useful Post:

Dreck (February 20th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    If we can get him to post here just 15 more times, we can claim he's more a part of this forum than that one.
    You might have to do a running tally Mike..

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

And the third thing is this: the misplaced bile dripping from you and your buddies ...
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 20th, 2016), dr.grace (February 22nd, 2016), Hawk (February 21st, 2016), reprieve (February 20th, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (February 20th, 2016)

Banned
    Thanks

Too many pointless questions, but I will take this one because it offers the most direct and quickest opportunity to give you a basic lesson.

Like that American chap (earlier on this thread), you have some peculiar notions of free speech (or "free speak", as you put it). The most basic thing you should know is that neither you nor anyone else has any right to say whatever you wish to say in/at wherever you wsh and in whatever fashion you wish. (In the normal course of life, normal people will quickly appreciate that one.) On this matter, it should be very clear that the owner of the forum FPN has every right to place limitations on whatever is posted there. The clueless ones who disagree with that can sue or just (like you) keep whinging here.
    Last edited by Chazz; February 20th, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Too many pointless questions, but I will take this one because it offers the most direct and quickest opportunity to give you a basic lesson.

Like that American chap (earlier on this thread), you have some peculiar notions of free speech (or "free speak", as you put it). The most basic thing you should know is that neither you nor anyone else has any right to say whatever you wish to say in/at wherever you wsh and in whatever fashion you wish. (In the normal course of life, normal people will quickly appreciate that one.) On this matter, it should be very clear that the owner of the forum FPN has every right to place limitations on whatever is posted there. The clueless ones who disagree with that can sue or just (like you) keep whinging here.
    Wow. . I'll stick with the bile bean club - we wine with our beans.

Good thing for freedom of speech....cause according to your thoughts you have no right to speak up. Remember you don't have any rights to say what you want when you want. I do believe you're eating bile beans.

Thanks

Well there you have! From the horses mouth as it were. If you have a difference of opinion to Chazz and or FPN, you should be censored and accused of whining. What a sad little world you inhabit Chazz

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ian1964 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (February 21st, 2016)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Good thing for freedom of speech....cause according to your thoughts you have no right to speak up. Remember you don't have any rights to say what you want when you want. I do believe you're eating bile beans.
    Sigh. Another Guns 'n Roses type that can neither read nor think. Never mind. I'll keep it simple for you, mate: whatever your notions are, you won't get to free exercise them on FPN. No matter how much you jump up and down on FPG.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ian1964 View Post
    Well there you have! From the horses mouth as it were. If you have a difference of opinion to Chazz and or FPN, you should be censored and accused of whining. What a sad little world you inhabit Chazz
    Even on such a mostly-clueless thread, your excess of emotion is way off. Calm down, buddy. Just don't post your crap on FPN, and you'll be OK.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    Sigh. Another Guns 'n Roses type that can neither read nor think. Never mind. I'll keep it simple for you, mate: whatever your notions are, you won't get to free exercise them on FPN. No matter how much you jump up and down on FPG.
    Actually Chaz....I'm barely on that forum. So no jumping up or down here. I wouldn't miss FPN if it disappeared tomorrow.