Thread: On the Subject of FPN, Censorship, and Community

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,017 Posts

Default Re: On the Subject of FPN, Censorship, and Community

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post

Oh, no. The point of the exercise is to see if the moderation is performed by all FPN moderators on a single consistent standard. If a violation is detected, all moderators should react in the same manner. If there isn't a consistent response but varies by who the moderator is and/or who the poster is, then FPN's moderation is not neutral but prejudicial and arbitrary.
    I can categorically confirm that the standard is inconsistent and FPN moderators do not all behave in the same manner. It definitely varies by who the moderator is. I can give an example that happened to me a couple of years ago now.

I replied in response to an incorrect statement in a FPN thread that 'PIF's only happen on FPN'. Then I received a PM from a moderator saying that some posts had been hidden and that I should 'not come on FPN talking about other forums'. I sent a reply apologising that I thought I was merely remarking on an inaccuracy. That moderator then issued me with a warning for arguing with a moderator. When I PM'd Wim, he confirmed that the decision was harsh and I should not have been given a warning, but by the time he got around to removing it, it had already gone. (It was over Christmas and New Year)

Recently, I apparently asked something that someone didn't like, and was PM'd by a different moderator, just to say some posts had been deleted. No big deal or anything. I asked that moderator if I might respond, and was advised that was always acceptable. No warning was received from that moderator just for replying to their PM.
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 20th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Flounder (March 19th, 2016), HughC (March 19th, 2016), Marsilius (March 19th, 2016), pengeezer (March 19th, 2016), reprieve (March 20th, 2016), RNHC (March 20th, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (March 20th, 2016), sharmon202 (March 19th, 2016), SIR (March 20th, 2016)