Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Sheaffer Crest 1937-1950 (Lever/Vac)

Thanks

Default Re: Early Sheaffer Crest 1937-1950 (Lever/Vac)

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    Let me try that again.

On Early Sheaffer Crest 1937-1950 (Lever/Vac) (this thread's topic, pre-pneumatic, not TD, not Snorkel) pens, do the ones with conical nibs always have LIFETIME on the nib and a white dot on the pen someplace?
    The Lifetime guarantee was dropped prior to the end of the pre-Touchdown Crest's run.

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

Thanks

I was told that the crest with threads on the section was only manufactured for one year. What I am hearing here is that that model was made for several years. Is that correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texascharlie View Post
    I was told that the crest with threads on the section was only manufactured for one year. What I am hearing here is that that model was made for several years. Is that correct?
    About five years.

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

Thanks

Do check out Fountain Pen Journal. I'm sure Paul would sell you the back issue with original Crest. More info there than offered anywhere/anywhen else.

http://www.fountainpenjournal.com

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy