Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie from New England

Thanks

Default Re: Newbie from New England

Quote Originally Posted by empliau View Post
    Silly title, I couldn't think of anything better. I've been into fountain pens since 1977, and still love mine but use them less than I used to due to a hand injury and surgery. A good recovery but not quite complete. I have a few pens I love and some out there that I long for, but it will be a while!
    I returned to fountain pens after my fingers, especially right index finger, finally had trouble writing with a ballpoint. (Might also have been from clicking a mouse, as I've been a "software engineer" since before MS Windows). A fountain pen has been like physical therapy.

Good luck. Since you wrote with "real ink pens" in 1977, you probably already know the advice, such as "don't buy that second pen until you have good reason to stop using the first".

This is a good place, by the way. Small enough that you will get to know many of the people and our quirks, large enough that there will be someone who can answer nearly any question. "Learned" enough that the answers are usually accurate.

Thanks

Does this thread win any prizes for "necro-longevity"? The OP was 4 years ago, and it's received almost as many responses in the past 4 days than it did in February of 2016.

Do people not actually look at the dates before they post responses, or are they just so intent on getting their own response out there that relevance and timeliness becomes immaterial?
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

Thanks

I would also like to know what I've written to attract spammers so I can edit it. I am furious that they're attempting to advertise cheating services. As a teacher I despise them. What in the name of sweet Fanny Adams lured them here? The word e$$ay?

Thanks

I would also like to know what I've written to attract spammers so I can edit it. I am furious that they're attempting to advertise cheating services. As a teacher I despise them. What in the name of sweet Fanny Adams lured them here? The word e$$ay?
    Lord only knows. In any event, have the past 4 years allowed you sufficient recovery of manual dexterity to use and enjoy your fountain pens more?
    Online arguments are a lot like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    As soon as the audience begins to participate, any actual content is lost in the resulting chaos and cacophony.
    At that point, all you can do is laugh and enjoy the descent into debasement.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
    Lord only knows. In any event, have the past 4 years allowed you sufficient recovery of manual dexterity to use and enjoy your fountain pens more?
    Also, did you ever get a Romillo? I missed that boat... the ticket was too expensive for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
    Does this thread win any prizes for "necro-longevity"? The OP was 4 years ago, and it's received almost as many responses in the past 4 days than it did in February of 2016.

Do people not actually look at the dates before they post responses, or are they just so intent on getting their own response out there that relevance and timeliness becomes immaterial?
    No, many people commonly don't look at dates before they post responses.

If I have spotted that I was guilty of posting on an old thread I simply go to edit and delete my response.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Dreck (January 5th, 2021)