Thread: Nibmeisters, Will Plumix Nibs Fit Metropolitans & Knights?

Thanks

Default Nibmeisters, Will Plumix Nibs Fit Metropolitans & Knights?

Basically the title says it all. Can a nib be pulled from a Pilot Plumix and fit in a Pilot Metropolitan or Knight? They all look pretty similar to me. I just picked up a Knight and would like to try a Plumix stub in it, if it will work. I also have a Metro that could benefit from the same swap. I have a bunch Plumix stub pens around on hand.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

Default Re: Nibmeisters, Will Plumix Nibs Fit Metropolitans & Knights?

I have no idea what a Knight is, but I can say for a fact that the Plumix/Metro swap is as easy as pie. You can do the same thing with the Pilot Penmanship and get an XF nib into your Metro by doing so. I've fit three Metros with the Plumix nibs, because I like a bit of italic in my writing. Turns it into the best $23.00 pen money can buy.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I have no idea what a Knight is, but I can say for a fact that the Plumix/Metro swap is as easy as pie. You can do the same thing with the Pilot Penmanship and get an XF nib into your Metro by doing so. I've fit three Metros with the Plumix nibs, because I like a bit of italic in my writing. Turns it into the best $23.00 pen money can buy.
    A knight is like a heavy duty version of a metropolitan.

https://www.penchalet.com/fine_pens/...ntain_pen.html

It's the same nib as the rest (Metropolitan, Cocoon, MR, Plumix, Prera, Penmanship, 78G, etc)

Thanks

Ah thank you gentlemen, you've made me very happy. The Knight is actually a discontinued pen. I fell in love with it over a year ago and decided I better bite the bullet because they are beginning to get a bit thin on the market. I think Pen Chalet has the best price on them by a good bit, except for maybe something on ebay.
    Last edited by Armstrong; March 1st, 2016 at 12:25 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Armstrong For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (March 1st, 2016)