Thread: "Kingsley" pens

Thanks

Default "Kingsley" pens

I was wondering if people (in the UK) have had experience with "Kingsley" pens. I believe it to be to be the house brand of the Pen Shop, I bought a fp and bp set a while ago when i first got into serious pens (it was £35 pounds with a free leather pouch so I thought I made a fairly good deal) It came with a generic plastic section with a chrome ring and ipg nib which wrote fairly well, I have since swapped the section and for another because it cracked and was not covered by warranty (I also exchanged the original nib for a no.5 Kaweco steel nib). All in all I think their pens are ok but slightly overpriced (in hindsight I dont think I would have paid that) Just wondering if others have had experience?
    Thanks all, Luke!

Thanks

Default Re: "Kingsley" pens

I've seen them, I did own a Dex pen which is part of there Kingsley brand. It wrote well however to me it seemed overpriced at £14 I think £7 would have been fair. You do end up paying a premium in the pen shop tbh, I often buy ink from local one though as the premium often is only what would be the cost of postage.