Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Poppy Red

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Poppy Red

It's starting to feel like Spring here so I have been writing with another bright Spring like colour. This one is Poppy Red.

This is a really bright scarlet red. It jumps off the page. It's a saturated red ink that looks even better when it's used in a pen with a broader nib. It almost looked subdued when I wrote with it in my fine nibbed AL Star. I loved it in my Lamy red Safari and it was such a good match for it.

I decided to try and draw a poppy, but I know I'm no good at drawing so I did it in steps.

This ink was a joy to write with, neither too wet nor too dry. It flowed well in the pens I filled with it, and I experienced no problems with it at all.

It gets a thumbs up from me.

• This isn't a waterproof ink, but it has reasonable water resistance. By mistake the pool of water was left on the test patch for 20 minutes while I made and drank a cup of tea, then was blotted off with kitchen roll.

• Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny, smooth surface, and I used a Lamy 1.1mm nib, this ink only took 12-15 secs to dry. That's quick on this paper.

• It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts despite leaving the pen uncapped while I did all of the swab tests.

• It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles

• Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.

• It's a reasonable price.

Diamine Poppy Red.jpeg

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (December 3rd, 2019), distracted_mom (March 7th, 2016), Jeph (March 8th, 2016), jvlgato (March 7th, 2016), KKay (March 6th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (March 6th, 2016), Marsilius (March 7th, 2016), Neo (March 13th, 2016), penultress (March 7th, 2016), Smithman (May 7th, 2016)