Thread: You stopped creative writing decades ago...what got you back into it?

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default You stopped creative writing decades ago...what got you back into it?

For me it was fountain pens. I kept wondering,,,,,,,,,why do I have so many, why do I keep getting more? Why don't I use them as much as I probably should? I think it was the universe's way of saying get back to the writing you used to do........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Default Re: You stopped creative writing decades ago...what got you back into it?

I had a LiveJournal in which I wrote creative fiction. It ran for quite a few years and eventually dried up. I was all written out. As I became more and more involved with fountain pens I felt the urge to write about them, their history, their appearance, their performance and so on. I began a WordPress blog around five years ago and it has satisfied my necessity to write ever since.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks

Default Re: You stopped creative writing decades ago...what got you back into it?

My soul hurts and feels sick and sad when I'm not writing. I feel better when I am. Not always great, but better. And I finally decided, if I can't put in big blocks of time writing, I'll write with some of the bits of time I do have.

The intention I live by now, as far as writing goes, is to write one poem a day, with no concern about quality. I fail more days than not, but I succeed more days than I used to.

~Rich

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to R.A. Stewart For This Useful Post:

Jacoby190 (March 13th, 2017), JapaG (April 23rd, 2017), Sailor Kenshin (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Oh yeah. Writing is like a breath of fresh air.
    "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little." -Epicurus-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paddler For This Useful Post:

Frank (March 11th, 2017)

Thanks

I went to a "Magnet" High School (Fame/Glee/etc...) in Philly for Creative Writing, and I took some courses while at college....
    Communications Major (had to take English/Bizz Writing classes for credit).

I journal daily to keep track of students seen for tutoring/sales/bizz stuff/etc....
    This got me "in the groove again" to writing verse and poetry from time to time.

Frank
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks

I stopped writing about 20 years ago. It was shortly after I graduated from college. Since getting into fountain pens, it has reignited that passion to write.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by R.A. Stewart View Post
    My soul hurts and feels sick and sad when I'm not writing. I feel better when I am. Not always great, but better. And I finally decided, if I can't put in big blocks of time writing, I'll write with some of the bits of time I do have.

The intention I live by now, as far as writing goes, is to write one poem a day, with no concern about quality. I fail more days than not, but I succeed more days than I used to.

~Rich
    That's close to how I feel! The worst point was when I kicked myself out of my own office. I'm inching my way back now.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

R.A. Stewart (July 6th, 2017)

Thanks

I tried to learn the caligraphy about 15- 17 years ago. and suddenly I am awake and I am now trying to give it a go. I am tring to learn spencerian writing. I have already improved into someting that I couln not ever imagine and I have compleately change my writing style. I am happy and i am sure i can improve it to a higher level. And then I am hoping to go into the Callygraphy area.