Thread: Parker "51" Aerometric--Odd Behavior

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Default Parker "51" Aerometric--Odd Behavior

So...the pen's barrel vibrates whenever I touch it, meaning the aerometric system fits very near the barrel walls. I don't remember this happening with the other 51s I've owned, but can't seem to find anything different about this one.

Has anyone else had this problem?

P.S--This isn't odd behavior, but the cap jamming problem is really getting to me...luckily, I have, after a great deal of twisting and turning have been able to remove it. I wonder though--with a drop of enough force, I could image it being permanently stuck. Should we see this as a design flaw?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fountainpenkid; April 8th, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Default Re: Parker "51" Aerometric--Odd Behavior

The free arm of the filler hoop might have lost enough tension that it is not being pressed outward against the inside wall of the filler unit but rather is free to vibrate a bit.

You might have a cracked inner cap that is allowing the hood to wedge into it rather tightly. Look up there with a good light.

--Daniel
    “Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.”
    ― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kirchh For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (April 9th, 2016)