Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: FPGeeks Art Gallery

Thanks
    Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,212 Posts

Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

Live long and prosper

Thanks

I work with a woman who is a one of those crazy dachshund people, and on slow nights, I’ll draw her little dachshunds and leave them in her office to find when she comes in in the morning. This one drawn with a Pilot Kakuno EF, Sailor black ink. It’s taped to her computer screen. She saves every single one. One day last week, I picked up coffee for everyone, and to differentiate her French vanilla from the regular coffees, i scribbled a little cartoon dachshund on the lid with a Sharpie pen, and later that night, I saw she had the lid in her pocket to take home with her....she’s so cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 18th, 2021), mizgeorge (April 18th, 2021), penwash (April 19th, 2021), Pterodactylus (April 19th, 2021), usk15 (April 18th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    I work with a woman who is a one of those crazy dachshund people, and on slow nights, I’ll draw her little dachshunds and leave them in her office to find when she comes in in the morning. This one drawn with a Pilot Kakuno EF, Sailor black ink. It’s taped to her computer screen. She saves every single one. One day last week, I picked up coffee for everyone, and to differentiate her French vanilla from the regular coffees, i scribbled a little cartoon dachshund on the lid with a Sharpie pen, and later that night, I saw she had the lid in her pocket to take home with her....she’s so cute!
    That's fabulous!! My sister is another of those people and she'd love to find notes like that anywhere!

Please show us more of your art

Thanks

82340D5A-95B3-4523-A255-CAE5B518EB93.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post

That's fabulous!! My sister is another of those people and she'd love to find notes like that anywhere!

Please show us more of your art
    Thank you...dachshund people are in a league of their own! I have to admit, this isn’t an original piece of art, it was inspired by an online photo. Here is some of my original stuff - unfortunately, I’m usually too tired from working to be creative, so paintings take me forever to finish....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 19th, 2021), Yazeh (April 19th, 2021)

Thanks

WTF? The photo wasn’t upside down in my photo gallery...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 20th, 2021), eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 19th, 2021), Pterodactylus (April 19th, 2021), usk15 (April 19th, 2021), Yazeh (April 19th, 2021)

Thanks

Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

Please share more - I'm very impressed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

WTF? The photo wasn’t upside down in my photo gallery...
    I don't know, but I've noticed occasionally that when I've attached a photo, the orientation will get changed in my post. If I put it on a picture hosting site such as Flickr and give a link, it's okay. My best guess is that it's something to do with the size of the file, but someone else might have a better idea. Luckily, for me, this has mostly happened with pictures of my pens, where it wasn't that important.

And what's important here is thanking you for posting those pictures of yours. The bird is excellent, even rotated 180º, but they're all very well done. Please post some more.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

Thanks

When the photo is reverse, I rotate it all the way around and save. That solves the problem

Thanks

Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, I’m self taught.
    Last edited by Igraine; April 25th, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

mizgeorge (April 20th, 2021), Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)

Thanks

My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. I was expected to, but did not go to college for art, because by the time I was 15 I thought I knew everything and was busy getting started on a long path to screwing up my life. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, I’m self taught.
    Well I'm even more impressed now

Thanks

My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. I was expected to, but did not go to college for art, because by the time I was 15 I thought I knew everything and was busy getting started on a long path to screwing up my life. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, I’m self taught.
    Well I'm even more impressed now
    I must say, the Saturday classes I took where at a school affiliated with the Academy of Fine Art in Philadelphia, which is considered to be one of the finest art schools in the USA, and I think maybe the oldest.... and it was a pretty rigorous training. Close to 4 hours classes, we stood at easels, could only work from real life. The studio was a huge room filled with things we could choose to paint - statues, antique puppets, shells, ship buoys, dolls, vases, taxidermy...just tons of different things to choose from - but no photographs!! In nice weather, we went outdoors and painted in parks or even on the street (it was in a charming, historic town). We even went to museums occasionally where we would copy the great masters. The teachers took it very seriously and we had to too. There were days I’d be in the bathroom crying, when I couldn’t get something up to their standards and they’d make me wipe it out and start over...and over and over and over. I learned a lot, and am very grateful for it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

Kaputnik (April 20th, 2021)

Thanks

That sounds pretty tough, especially for a child. I'm sure it made a difference, but I suspect there's a great deal of natural talent involved to start with.

I would love to be able to paint well. I can sketch fairly adequately, and sculpt better, but put a paintbrush in my hands and it all goes horribly wrong - however good my intentions!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)

Thanks

That sounds pretty tough, especially for a child. I'm sure it made a difference, but I suspect there's a great deal of natural talent involved to start with.

I would love to be able to paint well. I can sketch fairly adequately, and sculpt better, but put a paintbrush in my hands and it all goes horribly wrong - however good my intentions!
    Yes, inborn talent is important, but painting and drawing are technical skills that any one can learn. There are a lot of great instruction videos on YouTube that you might find helpful. Once you learn the “rules” of a medium, it’s all about practice. Here is another unfinished fox (can you tell I love foxes?). This one is a mix of watercolor and gouache.
    Last edited by Igraine; April 21st, 2021 at 09:16 AM.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

eachan (April 22nd, 2021), Kaputnik (April 21st, 2021), mizgeorge (April 21st, 2021), usk15 (April 21st, 2021), Yazeh (April 21st, 2021)

Thanks

Nothing as elaborate as you guys...
    An impromptu sketch with an iron gall ink, which has expired, I believe...

Sketch - Urkundenttinten.jpg

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Kaputnik (April 30th, 2021), usk15 (April 30th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 695 Posts

I feel that I'm rather stuck in a rut. Although this is an intention rather than a resolution, I mean to spend some time looking for different subjects. The weather is nice for drawing outside, and I can't remember the last time I drew a tree. Landscapes and buildings should be good for practicing perspective, and I just need to work on all my basic drawing skills. Then perhaps I can return to portraits, which are what really interest me, with renewed energy.

That begins today, or so I'll claim. But I'll indulge myself by posting just one more, my last drawing from April. Unlike my other portraits, which are mostly taken from photos of strangers in books or on the Internet, this is a portrait of one of my oldest friends. It's taken from a photo, too, but one I took specifically with the intention of drawing from it, as she knew.

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

usk15 (May 1st, 2021), Yazeh (May 1st, 2021)

Thanks

I love portraits too.. Though mine are never copies but from my imagination

Thanks

This is spur of the moment sketch of a favorite fruit:
    The ink is home made one rind pomegranate ink. I use it in a cheap Chinese pen with no problem.

Guess - Sketch.jpeg

Then I got adventurous and added some colour. I'm not so sure of it. But here goes...

Pomegrante ink - Pomegrante.jpeg

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

eachan (May 13th, 2021), Kaputnik (May 14th, 2021), usk15 (May 13th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

My latest pencil drawing.
    I the last weeks I was quite busy and didn´t had time to draw.
    I used the public holiday yesterday to draw a new study.
    I finished it quite quickly and tried to stay quite loose with my stroke this time.

(Mars Lumograph black, Cretacolor White Chalk 1)

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

junglejim (May 14th, 2021), Kaputnik (May 14th, 2021), usk15 (May 14th, 2021), Yazeh (May 14th, 2021)

Thanks

Good to see you back Ptero. Great job.. I love the textures..
    Is it my imagination or the torso seems disproportionate to the arm?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Pterodactylus (May 15th, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 427 Posts

Welcome back Ptero!
    Bucket list - walk the Camino de Santiago again

33. The Following User Says Thank You to junglejim For This Useful Post:

Pterodactylus (May 15th, 2021)