Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 921 to 938 of 938

Thread: FPGeeks Art Gallery

  1. #921
    Senior Member Kaputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    By the long tidal river.
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    1,439
    Thanked 974 Times in 440 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Well, none of the subforums here are extraordinarily active. Still hoping that we'll see contributions in this thread from people who haven't posted before, or ones who haven't posted in a while.

    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

    eachan (April 3rd, 2021), Pterodactylus (April 3rd, 2021), usk15 (April 3rd, 2021), Yazeh (April 3rd, 2021)

  3. #922
    Senior Member Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    I was quite busy at work the last time Kaputnik, so I created almost nothing the last weeks.

    But here is my newest ink portrait.


    Leonard Nimoy - Mr. Spock by Ptero Pterodactylus on DeviantArt

    (Pelikan M215 Raute - B italic oblique ..... Scribe Garnet, Cretacolor White Chalk Nr.1)

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

    eachan (April 18th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 14th, 2021), mizgeorge (April 14th, 2021), usk15 (April 14th, 2021)

  5. #923
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 449 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Live long and prosper

  6. #924
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    I work with a woman who is a one of those crazy dachshund people, and on slow nights, Iíll draw her little dachshunds and leave them in her office to find when she comes in in the morning. This one drawn with a Pilot Kakuno EF, Sailor black ink. Itís taped to her computer screen. She saves every single one. One day last week, I picked up coffee for everyone, and to differentiate her French vanilla from the regular coffees, i scribbled a little cartoon dachshund on the lid with a Sharpie pen, and later that night, I saw she had the lid in her pocket to take home with her....sheís so cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 18th, 2021), mizgeorge (April 18th, 2021), penwash (April 19th, 2021), Pterodactylus (April 19th, 2021), usk15 (April 18th, 2021)

  8. #925
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 215 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    I work with a woman who is a one of those crazy dachshund people, and on slow nights, Iíll draw her little dachshunds and leave them in her office to find when she comes in in the morning. This one drawn with a Pilot Kakuno EF, Sailor black ink. Itís taped to her computer screen. She saves every single one. One day last week, I picked up coffee for everyone, and to differentiate her French vanilla from the regular coffees, i scribbled a little cartoon dachshund on the lid with a Sharpie pen, and later that night, I saw she had the lid in her pocket to take home with her....sheís so cute!
    That's fabulous!! My sister is another of those people and she'd love to find notes like that anywhere!

    Please show us more of your art

  9. #926
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    82340D5A-95B3-4523-A255-CAE5B518EB93.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    I work with a woman who is a one of those crazy dachshund people, and on slow nights, Iíll draw her little dachshunds and leave them in her office to find when she comes in in the morning. This one drawn with a Pilot Kakuno EF, Sailor black ink. Itís taped to her computer screen. She saves every single one. One day last week, I picked up coffee for everyone, and to differentiate her French vanilla from the regular coffees, i scribbled a little cartoon dachshund on the lid with a Sharpie pen, and later that night, I saw she had the lid in her pocket to take home with her....sheís so cute!

    That's fabulous!! My sister is another of those people and she'd love to find notes like that anywhere!

    Please show us more of your art
    Thank you...dachshund people are in a league of their own! I have to admit, this isnít an original piece of art, it was inspired by an online photo. Here is some of my original stuff - unfortunately, Iím usually too tired from working to be creative, so paintings take me forever to finish....

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 19th, 2021), Yazeh (April 19th, 2021)

  11. #927
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    WTF? The photo wasnít upside down in my photo gallery...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    Chrissy (April 20th, 2021), eachan (April 19th, 2021), Kaputnik (April 19th, 2021), Pterodactylus (April 19th, 2021), usk15 (April 19th, 2021), Yazeh (April 19th, 2021)

  13. #928
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 215 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

    Please share more - I'm very impressed

  14. #929
    Senior Member Kaputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    By the long tidal river.
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    1,439
    Thanked 974 Times in 440 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    WTF? The photo wasnít upside down in my photo gallery...
    I don't know, but I've noticed occasionally that when I've attached a photo, the orientation will get changed in my post. If I put it on a picture hosting site such as Flickr and give a link, it's okay. My best guess is that it's something to do with the size of the file, but someone else might have a better idea. Luckily, for me, this has mostly happened with pictures of my pens, where it wasn't that important.

    And what's important here is thanking you for posting those pictures of yours. The bird is excellent, even rotated 180ļ, but they're all very well done. Please post some more.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

  15. #930
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 449 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    When the photo is reverse, I rotate it all the way around and save. That solves the problem

  16. #931
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

    Please share more - I'm very impressed
    My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, Iím self taught.
    Last edited by Igraine; April 25th, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    mizgeorge (April 20th, 2021), Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)

  18. #932
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 215 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

    Please share more - I'm very impressed
    My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. I was expected to, but did not go to college for art, because by the time I was 15 I thought I knew everything and was busy getting started on a long path to screwing up my life. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, Iím self taught.
    Well I'm even more impressed now

  19. #933
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Oh my goodness - you're incredibly talented! Please tell me you've trained for years and went to art school and, and, and...

    Please share more - I'm very impressed
    My parents, especially my mom, have always encouraged my artistic ability, which likely started when my mother gave me crayons and paper when I was still small enough to be in a high chair. I took Saturday afternoon art lessons at a local gallery from around the age of 8 until mid high school - we started with pencil, then moved up to charcoal, then oil paint. I was expected to, but did not go to college for art, because by the time I was 15 I thought I knew everything and was busy getting started on a long path to screwing up my life. The mediums I work in now, like the watercolors I posted, Iím self taught.
    Well I'm even more impressed now
    I must say, the Saturday classes I took where at a school affiliated with the Academy of Fine Art in Philadelphia, which is considered to be one of the finest art schools in the USA, and I think maybe the oldest.... and it was a pretty rigorous training. Close to 4 hours classes, we stood at easels, could only work from real life. The studio was a huge room filled with things we could choose to paint - statues, antique puppets, shells, ship buoys, dolls, vases, taxidermy...just tons of different things to choose from - but no photographs!! In nice weather, we went outdoors and painted in parks or even on the street (it was in a charming, historic town). We even went to museums occasionally where we would copy the great masters. The teachers took it very seriously and we had to too. There were days Iíd be in the bathroom crying, when I couldnít get something up to their standards and theyíd make me wipe it out and start over...and over and over and over. I learned a lot, and am very grateful for it.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    Kaputnik (April 20th, 2021)

  21. #934
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 215 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    That sounds pretty tough, especially for a child. I'm sure it made a difference, but I suspect there's a great deal of natural talent involved to start with.

    I would love to be able to paint well. I can sketch fairly adequately, and sculpt better, but put a paintbrush in my hands and it all goes horribly wrong - however good my intentions!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (April 20th, 2021)

  23. #935
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 85 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    That sounds pretty tough, especially for a child. I'm sure it made a difference, but I suspect there's a great deal of natural talent involved to start with.

    I would love to be able to paint well. I can sketch fairly adequately, and sculpt better, but put a paintbrush in my hands and it all goes horribly wrong - however good my intentions!
    Yes, inborn talent is important, but painting and drawing are technical skills that any one can learn. There are a lot of great instruction videos on YouTube that you might find helpful. Once you learn the ďrulesĒ of a medium, itís all about practice. Here is another unfinished fox (can you tell I love foxes?). This one is a mix of watercolor and gouache.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Igraine; April 21st, 2021 at 09:16 AM.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Igraine For This Useful Post:

    eachan (April 22nd, 2021), Kaputnik (April 21st, 2021), mizgeorge (April 21st, 2021), usk15 (April 21st, 2021), Yazeh (April 21st, 2021)

  25. #936
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 449 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    Nothing as elaborate as you guys...
    An impromptu sketch with an iron gall ink, which has expired, I believe...


    Sketch - Urkundenttinten.jpg

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Kaputnik (April 30th, 2021), usk15 (April 30th, 2021)

  27. #937
    Senior Member Kaputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    By the long tidal river.
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    1,439
    Thanked 974 Times in 440 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    I feel that I'm rather stuck in a rut. Although this is an intention rather than a resolution, I mean to spend some time looking for different subjects. The weather is nice for drawing outside, and I can't remember the last time I drew a tree. Landscapes and buildings should be good for practicing perspective, and I just need to work on all my basic drawing skills. Then perhaps I can return to portraits, which are what really interest me, with renewed energy.

    That begins today, or so I'll claim. But I'll indulge myself by posting just one more, my last drawing from April. Unlike my other portraits, which are mostly taken from photos of strangers in books or on the Internet, this is a portrait of one of my oldest friends. It's taken from a photo, too, but one I took specifically with the intention of drawing from it, as she knew.

    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
    G.K. Chesterton

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaputnik For This Useful Post:

    usk15 (May 1st, 2021), Yazeh (May 1st, 2021)

  29. #938
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 449 Times in 268 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: FPGeeks Art Gallery

    I love portraits too.. Though mine are never copies but from my imagination

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •