Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nibs.com

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Default Re: Nibs.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Sorry, don't read every thread...
    Don't give it a second thought, as I'm certain that thread pre-dates your joining FPG anyway. I agree: we can't see it all, which is why I thought it prudent to point out that bit of info.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    You obviously missed the point and I will not feed to the ignorance. Ask a friend to read the blogs and have them explain what's the issue. Your love for John has clouded your judgement and mind.
    Bite me. If you want examples of ignorance, just scan some of your posts for basic grammar and sentence structure. You have given absolutely no proof that the pen wasn't looked at, numerous people have already pointed out an obvious possible issue (and no need for me to restate that), and your boorish behavior of calling out a well-known business with little to stand on, along with petulant behavior just seals the deal.

So, yeah, bite me. I hope you get both your pen and your attitude fixed.
    Jon, you make me smile. Thanks for adding humor to this over the top trolling thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (April 18th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Ooh, does Mr Mottishaw grind attitudes too? Must send mine in for a light buffing.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (April 18th, 2016), pengeezer (April 21st, 2016)

Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    You obviously missed the point and I will not feed to the ignorance. Ask a friend to read the blogs and have them explain what's the issue. Your love for John has clouded your judgement and mind.
    Bite me. If you want examples of ignorance, just scan some of your posts for basic grammar and sentence structure. You have given absolutely no proof that the pen wasn't looked at, numerous people have already pointed out an obvious possible issue (and no need for me to restate that), and your boorish behavior of calling out a well-known business with little to stand on, along with petulant behavior just seals the deal.

Jon, you make me smile. Thanks for adding humor to this over the top trolling thread.
    Thanks for your contribution to the blog. Stop drinking the nibs.com koolaid. Its got no sugar. Fool

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Kratos

So I am trolling for sharing my experie ce. Jon who tries to discredit my experience is not? Do you even know what a troll is?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

So I am trolling for sharing my experie ce. Jon who tries to discredit my experience is not? Do you even know what a troll is?

Correct. Your story has not shown in any way any shortcomings related to nibs dot com.

Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post

Correct. Your story has not shown in any way any shortcomings related to nibs dot com.
    You guys are not drinking the koolaid. You guys took the red pill.

I will continue to share my experience with other pen aficionados. So that they know what to expect when purchasing from nibs.com. You can continue trolling around blogs to try to discredit experiences and cover faults. Facts for people like you.

Wait. Do you work or in any way associated with nibs.com. Haha you are, aren't you? That's why you are taking this too personal. Silly clown. You just got caught.

Kratos

This one is special. A very special snowflake.

I'm well known around this blog forum, so I'm not concerned about some n00b casting aspersions on my motivations. As for CFP, I'd say their reputation speaks for itself.

After this thread, so will yours.
    So you are associated with nibs.com. How does that work? Do they pay you to browse the internet looking for negative experiences from nibs.com? Or is it per blog?

I'm a "noob" because I have a job. I don't go around looking to discredit peoples experience.

I share my experience. FACTS, not opinions. Unlike you who has a bias OPINION of nibs.com. You actually do a diservice to pen afficionados.

By the way. I have heard about you in FPN. You really are that guy.

Kratos

Mike Masuyama.
    Please be aware, as noted in this thread, that Mr. Masuyama is not currently taking on new work due to family responsibilities.
    Sorry, don't read every thread, though I should also have said, in agreement with the majority opinion, consider sending back to nibs.com to give them the opportunity to demonstrate their apparently (never used them myself, so wouldn't know) deserved reputation for considerate customer service; though, equally, I can understand why one might be hesitant to return to original supplier...

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Perhaps it's time to open a book?

Who'll give me odds on who Kratos really might be?
    I remember a thread a few months ago on FPN regarding the generally unsatisfactory quality of 'expensive' pens going along the same lines...
    SIR. Their customer service is great. No doubt about that. The comment I made was based on my most recent purchase of my Nakaya and how no QC or inspection was done. I wanted to inform other pen aficionados so that they are careful when ordering from nibs.com or what to expect when they order a pen.

The problem is when trolls appear and try to discredit your experience. Not only that but offend people in the process.

I have lost trust on nibs.com. At this point. I am willing to pay a different pen master to truelly look in to the pen.

gregamckinney

Kratos, your "experience" is one data point. Sharing it really doesn't help anyone.
    Get your pen fixed somewhere, and please GTFO.
    greg

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregamckinney For This Useful Post:

Beowulf50 (April 18th, 2016), Jon Szanto (April 18th, 2016), stub (April 18th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Doesn't this troll sound just like ging ging who renamed themselves after getting band several times?? This is sort of like "where is Waldo?" ....where is ging ging???

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

Dreck (April 18th, 2016)

Thanks

I will continue to share my experience with other pen aficionados. So that they know what to expect when purchasing from nibs.com. You can continue trolling around blogs to try to discredit experiences and cover faults. Facts for people like you.
    One pen. Even if what you say is true your sample size is one pen.
    Your one purchase does not inform anyone of what to expect from Nibs.com. All it tells them is that one pen got out or that one guy doesn't know how to use his pen.

Wait. Do you work or in any way associated with nibs.com. Haha you are, aren't you? That's why you are taking this too personal. Silly clown. You just got caught.
    No need to get conspiratorial. All of us who have questions about your claims could not all work for nibs.com. That's a weird assertion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,424 Times in 1,716 Posts

Cool - I've got over 100 pens, too! Three of them from Classic Fountain Pens, each transaction superlative. They have hundreds, maybe thousands of satisfied customers over the years, and the guy at the top of the food chain in that shop is one of the best people in pendom.

So, the last thing I'm going to side with is "yeah, this jerk didn't do what he was supposed to do". No evidence of that, and no track record of that kind of service. They offer to make it right (write?), with minimal turn-around, and still Mr. Grumpy isn't happy.

Well, this is what happens when you open your door to the public. I hope it gets sorted out, and I certainly am not changing my opinion of John or his staff or business ethics.

This is beginning to have a familiar ring...
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post

One pen. Even if what you say is true your sample size is one pen.
    Your one purchase does not inform anyone of what to expect from Nibs.com. All it tells them is that one pen got out or that one guy doesn't know how to use his pen.

No need to get conspiratorial. All of us who have questions about your claims could not all work for nibs.com. That's a weird assertion.
    I am sure that there are more people that had bad experience with nibs.com. But people like you prevent them from speaking out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,424 Times in 1,716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Perhaps it's time to open a book?

Who'll give me odds on who Kratos really might be?

Depends what the over-and-under is.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Kratos

Doesn't this troll sound just like ging ging who renamed themselves after getting band several times?? This is sort of like "where is Waldo?" ....where is ging ging???
    I thought I was a "noob"? So you resort to insults when people make a point. Classy. How old are you?

Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by gregamckinney View Post
    Kratos, your "experience" is one data point. Sharing it really doesn't help anyone.
    Get your pen fixed somewhere, and please GTFO.
    greg
    Are you looking for attention? Who invited you to the chat?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

For folk reading this thread.

The good folk at nibs.com really do check each pen before it ships.

The problems the person who started this thread claimed is not something that would show up in that test.

Nibs.com did offer to fix the OPs issues but what the person describes is not a pen related issue but a well known issue found in many converter filled pens and often seen with Platinum converters.

There has been zero evidence presented to justify a claim that Nibs.com does not test pens before they are shipped out.

It's very likely that the poster who started this thread is a troll who has a history of registering under new names and initially making a flame style post.

You can either decide to listen to the person who started this thread or to all of the others who have far more actual experience dealing with nibs.com.

23. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carlos.q (April 18th, 2016), Chrissy (April 18th, 2016), Crazyorange (April 18th, 2016), Deb (April 18th, 2016), Dreck (April 18th, 2016), Empty_of_Clouds (April 18th, 2016), Jon Szanto (April 18th, 2016), Lady Onogaro (April 18th, 2016), Neo (April 18th, 2016), pengeezer (April 21st, 2016), Rossler (April 23rd, 2016), Sailor Kenshin (April 18th, 2016), sgtstretch (April 18th, 2016), southpaw52 (April 18th, 2016), StWm (April 18th, 2016), Waski_the_Squirrel (April 18th, 2016)